What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (3 Viewers)

25 pc into "Open City" and through a combination of being completely run off my feet and delving into a couple of TV series' , sporadic reading patterns have left me reluctant to go back. Its a fecking mission to recall the story every time. For this reason also, I'm probably not going to finish it n move on to something hopefully more gripping. Anyone read it and want to convince me to stick with it?

25 pc into "Open City" and through a combination of being completely run off my feet and delving into a couple of TV series' , sporadic reading patterns have left me reluctant to go back. Its a fecking mission to recall the story every time. For this reason also, I'm probably not going to finish it n move on to something hopefully more gripping. Anyone read it and want to convince me to stick with it?

I had the same experience with it a few weeks ago, and have also left it aside for the moment. I've read similar styles before and liked them well enough, and will probably re-visit at some stage.

What are the CDs?

Do May Say Think - debut
dmst3.jpg

This Mortal Coil - Blood
2ff0acf89954ae5d6cbeebccc7c7c5eb.jpg

James Yorkston and the Big Family Players - Folk Songs
James-Yorkston-Folk-Songs-492998.jpg

Saw this guy do a reading last night

The Wright Brothers | Book by David McCullough | Official Publisher Page | Simon & Schuster

He was great (got that Pulitzer gravitas working for him) but goddamn if he wasn't treated like a rock star. Standing O before and after, adoring questions ("I'm a history teacher because of you") and then hundreds and hundreds of people in a line afterwards with their arms stacked with books for this wonderful old man to sign.

And in between, just the most effortless, enthralling (and noteless!) storytelling.

Gonna get the book on audio, I reckon.

Re-reading Pet Semetary. Pretty solid booze-era King.

Also, just about to start into this
54860.jpg

Came highly recommend from a good friend. About growing up as part of the Iranian diaspora in Californa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back