What was your favourite book as a kid? (1 Viewer)

I've read all but the last 2 of his books I think. Actually have the last one but haven't got the second last, keep checking charity stores for it every now and again. The last 7 or 8 years he's been really formulaic just getting books out for the publishers, but it seems with the last few books he changed for the better, going back more to the older style.

an obvious one but noone's mentioned it..
upload_2014-10-27_10-24-19.jpeg

also a cracking homegrown read..

262.jpg

these are fantastic,
you'll want to read them too

book-ptolemy-s-gate-the-bartimaeus-trilogy-book-.jpg

and

68041.jpg

and
img_0001-2.jpg

she has loads of roman times books, they're all dingers

Anyone read the Abarat series by Clive Barker? I love LOVE Clive Barker, but haven't read this yet - might be a good'un for youngsters too.

abaratuspb1.jpg

Anyone read the Abarat series by Clive Barker? I love LOVE Clive Barker, but haven't read this yet - might be a good'un for youngsters too.

abaratuspb1.jpg

I was actually going to post how Cabal was one of my favourite teenage books. It was much darker than anything I'd read up to that point but in terms of horror writing I'd never come across something so original and imaginative. I was obsessed with his books after that. I was a bit of a weirdo

Haven't got around to checking out Abarat. I must give it a try

I was actually going to post how Cabal was one of my favourite teenage books. It was much darker than anything I'd read up to that point but in terms of horror writing I'd never come across something so original and imaginative. I was obsessed with his books after that. I was a bit of a weirdo

Haven't got around to checking out Abarat. I must give it a try

I remember reading the Books of Blood as a kid and being obsessed and terrified. I have a particularly vivid memory of reading "dread" and it messing me up.

Cabal is the only one of his I read (I was maybe 16-17), wasn't into it. Really liked the first Hellraiser movie at the time but haven't seen it since.

In terms of great horror, MR James's ghost stories along with Edgar Allen Poe and HP Lovecraft are all quite accessible. Poe is a bit old fashioned in terms of writing but it's good to mix it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back