What was your favourite book as a kid? (1 Viewer)

Reets

Supporter
Solutions
I'm putting together a list of books for the sprog for Christmas and I've been trying to think of what my favourite books would have been as a kid to add to the collection.

My memory is shit but it probably would have been:
Lord Of the Rings.
The Last unicorn.
The faraway Tree.

What other classics am I forgetting about?

I used to make up my own choose your own adventure books, but all the characters were named after people that pissed me off, and I dont think there was ever any way for them to avoid not dying.
I was a fun kid.

She's 12, so probably the right age for hitchhikers guide. I can show her my "Don't panic" towel and she'll think I'm cool again.

The Lord Of the Rings is over a thousand pages so I am not sure what age group it would suit but The Hobbit would be more of a children's novel

Treasure Island ?

Those Philip Pullman books are fantastic (Northern Lights etc.) and I'd say 12 is exactly the right age for them.

Obviously these are new Children's books rather than old though ...

She's read all the Roald Dhals, Enid Blytons, Narnia series, dark materials and LOTR.
We're kinda running out of books here, so she's working her way through Agatha Christie's Poirot.

She's read all the Roald Dhals, Enid Blytons, Narnia series, dark materials and LOTR.
We're kinda running out of books here, so she's working her way through Agatha Christie's Poirot.

What about the classics?

To Kill A Mockingbird and Catcher In The Rye and all that gear?

this was one of me faves

223x351.jpg

and this
Rothmc_cover.jpg

although when i say 'faves' they were just books that we happened to have and i read all of them several times

they were actually good though

I remember reading The Secret of Moon Castle and The Exorcist at the same time when I was that age - The Exorcist after going to bed, Moon Castle the rest of the time when the parents could see what I was reading although I don't think they would have cared as much as I thought they would.

I took out 1000 Leagues Under The Sea and The Jungle Book from the library once when I was maybe ten or so which are sizeable novels.
I only read the start of the jungle book though I think I thought it got boring then when he left the wild.

I read whatever was around.

There was one I read when I was 11, true stories about French mercenaries in Indochina/Vietnam

Tying phosphorus around prisoners' balls and lighting it of they didn't rat out their mates.

Being forced to eat
human shit
and all this mad gear.

I think I got them at some church sale for like 10p each or something

That guy in green is very suspicious of the donkey.
Probably with good reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back