What was your favourite book as a kid? (1 Viewer)

Ok so I bought her:

The picture of Dorian Gray
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
The midnight zoo
Ripley's believe it or not
Gallagher Girls, books 1&2
Switch! The lost kingdom of Karibu
The Giver
Number the stars
Percy Jackson and the lightening thief
The latest Jacqueline Wilson
A few annuals.

I think she might be a little too stroppy for catcher in the rye right now, but I can dig out hitchhikers guide and a few others for her.

That's Christmas mostly sorted.
Good work thumped.

...just this...

274526.jpg

My chap is 12 and reads like crazy. Lots of stuff that has already been mentioned but also light stuff like comics and horrible histories. Will read the Guinness book of records from cover to cover.

I like the horrible histories one myself. They have a science series that's pretty good too.

Horrible Histories is great. Especially the TV series. Very funny and very clever.

A 12-year old could definitely handle The Lord Of The Rings if they just got into it
I first read it when I was about 8. 90% flew over my head but I read it about once a year for the next few years and each time I understood a bit more. It was the greatest thing ever. Still not sure I've ever gotten to the point where I don't skip the poems though.

I first read it when I was about 8. 90% flew over my head but I read it about once a year for the next few years and each time I understood a bit more. It was the greatest thing ever. Still not sure I've ever gotten to the point where I don't skip the poems though.
It took me about 6 months to get through it when I was 16.

A 12-year old could definitely handle The Lord Of The Rings if they just got into it

Yeah definitely. I read it about that age, possibly a bit younger. I brought it on holidays one year and after about a week my parents sat me down and asked me if anything was wrong. I didn't want to go out and do anything, was being really uncommunicative, and they were worried I wasn't enjoying the holiday. "No, I'm fine! Leave me alone. I just can't stop reading this book and it's way more exciting than anything that's going to happen in the actual world."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back