Older Dublin Venues (2 Viewers)

Another 46 Long memory: they did the launch gig for their 10" on Catchy Go-Go at that church on Merchant's Quay. The place was set up for a kids' panto; the curtain raised and they launched right into it. What showmanship!

We played at that, got them to close the curtain while we playing our last song. Deadly.

Was a great spot, but I think the lady running it was shocked by the noise, don't think there's ever been a gig there since. pity.

I went to a gig in the Wexford Inn when I was a nipper. Some trad stuff. I t was like being on a ferry with a load of lads escaping the troubles. The carpet was mostly fagburns.

There was a venue near Stephan's green for a little while Detestaion/Urko/debt/Submission hold/etc

Last edited:
The Metal Priest Who Rocks His Flock--as the Sunday World had it

I went to see Scatha upstairs in the Fusion (or the Funnel?) on Townshend Street and most of the crowd drifted off to what these guys downstairs. He was standing on tables doing the full stadium Ozzy.

Fusion bar I think that was an early or daytime gig maybe they played in Belfast later on that same day not many people there if remember right.

We played at that, got them to close the curtain while we playing our last song. Deadly.

Was a great spot, but I think the lady running it was shocked by the noise, don't think there's ever been a gig there since. pity.

hahahah, Large Mound played at that. Best moment ever, guitarist (beardedlady) was late and we had to start playing without him. During the second song he walks into the venue, gives us the fingers, climbs onstage, picks up guitar, plays the gig.

Fusion bar I think that was an early or daytime gig maybe they played in Belfast later on that same day not many people there if remember right.
Wasn't that kind of Barbstormers part II, with a link to the industrial/techno club on O'Connell st? I remember it was at the early stages of mobile phones when a text went out that they had a full free bar there one early evening for a few hours. I didn't believe it but was on my bike so went to have a look, and sure enough the place was rammed with lunatics drinking the place dry.
I remember some other time Alex Higgins set up shop there playing pool for £5 a game.
That was a mental place.

hahahah, Large Mound played at that. Best moment ever, guitarist (beardedlady) was late and we had to start playing without him. During the second song he walks into the venue, gives us the fingers, climbs onstage, picks up guitar, plays the gig.

One of my best moments ever was when our guitarist did that in reverse.
Come to think that was in a venue on capel st, some upstairs bar, Don't know if it's still going.

The Top Hat in Dun Laoghaire... roller disco and noisy gigs... these included Slayer, Nuclear Assault, Metallica, Danzig, Faith No More, Prong, Sepultura, Crumbsuckers, WASP, Sonic Youth, Nirvana... Also memorable for inevitably missing the last bus from the city centre...

Like many places it's now apartments...

Think I got there after work just in time for their set so I missed youse.

I did however see you lot supporting The Blood Brothers at the TBMC. I think there were maybe 30 people tops there to see them?
don't remember, for the life of me. just remember we were offered that gig on the day!

The Top Hat in Dun Laoghaire... roller disco and noisy gigs... these included Slayer, Nuclear Assault, Metallica, Danzig, Faith No More, Prong, Sepultura, Crumbsuckers, WASP, Sonic Youth, Nirvana... Also memorable for inevitably missing the last bus from the city centre...

Like many places it's now apartments...
That Slayer gig was the first live show I went to (trad stuff aside). Probably still the best too. Awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back