Late night tea/coffee shops around the city centre (1 Viewer)

urghghgh i have a phobia of coffee shops

it's trew!
I wont go into Starbucks. Because they smell like coffee flavoured puke. They all smell the same.
The one in Boston smelled exactly as the one over the road does.
I dont mind normal coffee shops though, that dont smell like coffee + vanilla + sick.

Cafe mocha's an awful pain in the hole.The staff are fast asleep. All the time.

Library Bars nice an Quiet. even when it's full.

The Library bar is deadly but it's a bar innit.

Cafe mocha's an awful pain in the hole.The staff are fast asleep. All the time.

Library Bars nice an Quiet. even when it's full.
The one in town was always a bit up its own bum, but the one in Rathmines used
to be sound enough.
You could go in the back part and smoke spliffs. Or at least I allowed that sort of
carry on. Not in the front bit though.
Standards and decorum like.

There are no cafés in Limerick that stay open even in the evening, which smashed my dreams of setting up a Stitch 'n Bitch.

There used to be a few 24 hour cafés in Limerick but at the age I was I was only interested in them as a warm place to drink a surreptitious naggin. I'd like if there were late opening cafés here now that I'm old though.

ah... the days of javas, that place across from the savoy (puccinins?), and the place down twords the lock....

Georgey, I bought you one of these;

pumpkinfrap2.jpg

it looks like this;

232849942_92721915b3.jpg

I'll give it to you next time I see you. I hope you like it

Remember that cafe/wierd place downstairs where lapello's used to be? they'd put spirits in yer teas/coffee.

Great shop.

I've been gettiing my morning coffee and fags in down Starbucks in Blackrock. I cant help it.The coffee's fine and all, but the Veiw out the back is fantastic.

I've been gettiing my morning coffee and fags in down Starbucks in Blackrock. I cant help it.The coffee's fine and all, but the Veiw out the back is fantastic.

Do they have a smoking area out the back then? They're shits and I hate them for colonising the post office and everything, but the Insomnia Blackrock smoking area is hands-down the most depressing place in the city. Everytime someone bursts off a chomp in the upstairs toilet it washes down past your feet like a stinking poonami.

Do they have a smoking area out the back then? They're shits and I hate them for colonising the post office and everything, but the Insomnia Blackrock smoking area is hands-down the most depressing place in the city. Everytime someone bursts off a chomp in the upstairs toilet it washes down past your feet like a stinking poonami.

Nice. Yeah, the balcony runs the length of the entire post office, and the veiwnruns from the city to howth and out to sea.

AND it's high up, so you get to get to lord it over the nine to fiver's trudging up from the dart station. That said, i've only been there a couple of times, and i'm preturbed at how the only conversations taking place seem to be about exactly what kind of drink people have just bought.

The staff are wierd too.
"HALLO KIND SIR,AND HOW ARE YOU ON THIS FINE D.."
"Coffee Please"
"FINE,EXCELLENT, OF COURSE, AND WHAT KIND OF COFFEE WOULD YOU BE DESIRING TODAY? WE HAVE(recites the list in double-time".
"Coffee coffee. In a cup".
"Ehhhhhh..."

i had a hot chocolate in starbucks on sunday when i was hungover. it nearly made me puke so i had to leave it there and use there couch for a good long stay. it turns out what i really needed was a pint.

Where can I buy cheap, decent coffee around Dublin city centre?

Doesn't have to be great.
Cheap. Centra and Spar are your best bet for an 'Americano'. Not great do the job in a pinch. Most other places it will cost you 2.10 to 2.50 for one.

Keoghs on Dame/College Green is good.
Sol does a great flat white. 4 shots and a bit of warm milk = heaven.
Costa/Walter Mitty (same company) are pretty good.
Starbucks is the only place I know (other than Eddie Rockets) that do filter coffee but it tastes pretty gross most of the time.
Insomnia is just dreck.
Not many coffee places near the cinemas now that I think about it. Obviously the lighthouse and IFI have their own but always get it in a to-go cup so you can bring it in the theatre. Downfall the size is usually smaller than one (meaning me) would want.

Flat white.nice one Jill,I never knew there was a name for it,saying a bit of milk always resulted in a latte,or a cold coffee.
Although Ill probably fuck it up and order a great white,and become known as the coffee shark among the barista community

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back