Late night tea/coffee shops around the city centre (1 Viewer)

Bladez

I was in town last night and didn't fancy going for a pint. I just wanted to find somewhere that was quiet, served tea or coffee and had good enough lighting to read. There don't seem to be that many late night tea or coffee shops in Dublin - well, not compared to other major cities. Its a shame, cause it'd be a nice alternative to going to the pub. Does anyone know of any?

True enough; we don't have the same late night coffee shop choices as other cities, however, off the top of my head there is:
Starbucks on Dame St
Cafe Bar Deli on Georges St
There's a nice looking little place on Parliament St which I pass most evenings (can't remember the name) which looks good.
I'm not sure how late exactly these stay open, but I'm regulary in town around 9 and they are.
I'm sure there are more!

cafe moda there beside Peter's Pub. I think that stays open til about 11 or 12
theres a place in Rathmines, Cafe Mocha, thats opened til about 3 or 4am. It reopens again in the morning at about 6. Not sure why they bother closing at all. Not the fanciest place in the world but good enough for my moderate standards.

Thanks. I'll take a look at the one on Parliament Street and Cafe Moda too.

I've been in to Starbucks on Dame Street alright. I just don't like the coffee in there and you get the noise of the revellers and traffic going up and down Dame Street and its a bit of a gold-fish bowl with all the windows. Its fine I suppose if I'm stuck. I prefer somewhere a bit smaller and more quiet though.

I've been in the one in Rathmines too. That's exactly the type of place I'm talking about. Small, quiet, good coffee, well arranged and comfortable seating and some newspapers and board games available :) Its just a shame its in Rathmines.

There are no cafés in Limerick that stay open even in the evening, which smashed my dreams of setting up a Stitch 'n Bitch.

There used to be a few 24 hour cafés in Limerick but at the age I was I was only interested in them as a warm place to drink a surreptitious naggin. I'd like if there were late opening cafés here now that I'm old though.

OK. So Cafe Mocha is the one on South William Street and Cafe Moda is the one out in Rathmines?

Sorry. Getting a bit confused.

They used to be both Cafe Mochas.

I used to work in both of them, a very long time ago. Back when Irish people still lowered
themselves to work in the service industry like.
Back in those days they stayed open until about 4 am I think.
Whatever time it was, I was cycling home as the sun was rising fairly regularly.

You wanna see some of the heads knocking about the Rathmines place at night.
Donal Dineen used to be in there too, drinking his Earl Grey tea. Hot.

Edit... yeah, so DD used to be in there after his show ended. I am not totally sure when
this was, but it was late enough. This would have been 11 years ago sort of thing.
Jesus. I'm old.

Ah ok. So they are both from the same franchise? In that case I'll try the one in town. Thanks.

Does it have any couches or armchairs? :)

Ah ok. So they are both from the same franchise? In that case I'll try the one in town. Thanks.

Does it have any couches or armchairs? :)

Franchise would be a little grand. But, yeah, one lad owned both of them.
They used to have all manner of comfy chairs and couches. Even one fancy
wrought (?) iron jobbie.
Twas a great place to go scoring. Used to be a proper gay place some nights back
then. The old queens would be hitting on me, and I would giggle playfully, and
skitter off behind my coffee bar.

That was back before they found the cure to gayness obviously.
I actually ended up kissing two waitresses from that place, and one customer.
Who was native American.

Score.

Cool. I'll have to check it out then. It sounds much better than Starbucks and Insomnia (which closes at 7 - not much good for my insomnia).

Earl Grey tea. Hot.

Make it so, Flashback!
picar1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back