[BBC] Lostprophets rock star Ian Watkins on child sex offence charges (1 Viewer)

given his chat about having AIDS perhaps none?
Unless there's a few lads in there with AIDS, in which case he'll have ...eh ... double AIDS.

"Yeah double AIDS dat's a fing innih ? atz wen sahm bummer does needle drugz like skag as well as takin ih up the shitter mate. Double AIDS it's fucking grim mate. To good for the likes ahf im mind. He should get like eh....fahking ....... triple AIDS"

Death penalty.

Thats the job here.

I'm 100% behind capital punishment them that commit terrible crimes to the innocent.

In fact..I even think his Mam and Dad should serve life in the clink for having him.

Last edited:
Death penalty.

Thats the job here.

I'm 100% behind capital punishment them that commit terrible crimes to the innocent.

In fact..I even think his Mam and Dad should serve life in the clink for having him.

Problem is, say rape (of children and adults alike) and murder became hangable offences (or even if there were clear parity between the penalties for both), more rape victims would be murdered.

It's real easy to be right-wing when there's a person we can all unambiguously hate. If you have any belief in society this is where you should be making a stand, defending the undefendable because you believe in it. Shows your true colours.

The man needs punishment and therapy big time. Capital punishment can fuck off with its easy answers, just so society doesn't have to think about its problems.

Last edited:
It's real easy to be right-wing when there's a person we can all unambiguously hate. If you have any belief in society this is where you should be making a stand, defending the undefendable because you believe in it. Shows your true colours.

The man needs punishment and therapy big time. Capital punishment can fuck off with its easy answers, just so society doesn't have to think about its problems.

Amen to that.

Really though ? Couldn't you argue the exact opposite ? you could say that banning all capital punishment just makes society feel better about itself while the bigger issues never get dealt with.

This baby rapist has it better than some people in state care for disability right now and really what can society ever expect from mr baby rapist ? Rehabilitation ? Does anyone believe that'll happen ?

Are we not just fooling ourselves a bit and patting each other on the back saying

"We're no monsters we don't do away with people no matter how much they deserve it."

"Well what do we do with them ?"

"Well we detain and feed and clothe them and we hope for the best"

"And this works ?"

"Well ...eh..no a lot of folks do get out and do exactly the same thing again or worse, but still we're no monsters, pats on the back all round"

I don't care either way, every prison system is utterly corrupt and we're both over simplifying things. Still thought I'd say it because no one else will.

from yesterday's Metro:

"A laptop seized from Watkins's home in Pontypridd was password protected but was later sent to GCHQ to be cracked.
The password was later discovered to be 'If**kkids*."

Really though ? Couldn't you argue the exact opposite ? you could say that banning all capital punishment just makes society feel better about itself while the bigger issues never get dealt with.

This baby rapist has it better than some people in state care for disability right now and really what can society ever expect from mr baby rapist ? Rehabilitation ? Does anyone believe that'll happen ?

Are we not just fooling ourselves a bit and patting each other on the back saying

"We're no monsters we don't do away with people no matter how much they deserve it."

"Well what do we do with them ?"

"Well we detain and feed and clothe them and we hope for the best"

"And this works ?"

"Well ...eh..no a lot of folks do get out and do exactly the same thing again or worse, but still we're no monsters, pats on the back all round"

I don't care either way, every prison system is utterly corrupt and we're both over simplifying things. Still thought I'd say it because no one else will.

If you say so. I'm not convinced. We're not called bleeding heart liberals because we feel so good about ourselves though. I don't particularly feel like defending this guy or his plight any further though.

If you say so. I'm not convinced. We're not called bleeding heart liberals because we feel so good about ourselves though. I don't particularly feel like defending this guy or his plight any further though.
Oh I don't say so and I'm not convinced either I was just raising the question. I'm opposed to capital punishment too (I was really just being facetious with my snip snip remarks (surprised no one rose to the bait there).

The question of what we expect prisons to actually achieve is a much larger more complex moral issue and not one that i delve to deeply into to be honest as it's far too murky a territory for even me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back