What movie did you watch last night? (37 Viewers)

Mental documentary The Act of Killing. Former Indonesian death squad leaders re-enact their killings with a full film crew in the style of different movie genres - westerns, gangster films, musicals.
The_Act_of_Killing_(2012_film).jpg

Saw an interview with the director on Wednesday, seemed like it'd be tough going.

Basket Case is on Film 4 tonight. Machete and Basket Case 2 are on there tomorrow, which is nice.

Some recent reviews:

A Field In England.
Wasn't really in the right frame of mind for this. Never felt very cinematic, alwasy got the feeling that the M25 was just out of shot on the other side of a hedge. Michael Smiley looked great in black and white, praising with faint damnation there. Lets say...a generous 6/10.

Slither
It's no Tremors, but it's a solid B movie. Story rips along, it doesn't outstay it's welcome but it needs more Nathan Fillion and maybe the ending is a bit shit. Gets an extra 0.5 for the bath scene. 7/10

The Good German
Really enjoyable. I'd love to fight that Toby Maguire fucker. 8/10

Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa
Im a big AP fan, so was really worried that this would be terrible, but it was altogether solid. I could watch 90 minutes of Alan being Alan, but i suppose films need a plot. Still, the best bits were the inconsequential Alan chat. Lets give it a 7.5/10 you mother.

Just watched Rise Of The Footsoldier

One of the most violent films I've ever seen.
Someone gets proper fucked up every two minutes.Its nasty

9/10

Would give 10/10 except for some piss poor wigs

The Spectacular Now

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I pretty much hate every indie romantic comedy from the last 10 years, but this I liked.

The lead dude is very good. And alcohol is somewhat realistically represented.
The lead girl is very good two. She was in the Hawaiian George Clooney movie. She's fantastic in this.

Your results may differ.

I think I have to watch this now. It's the same director's 2nd film.

Booze features strongly in most of our adult relationships, and it gets a starring role here too

The Spectacular Now

I pretty much hate every indie romantic comedy from the last 10 years, but this I liked.

The lead dude is very good. And alcohol is somewhat realistically represented.
The lead girl is very good two. She was in the Hawaiian George Clooney movie. She's fantastic in this.

Your results may differ.

I already hate it.
Did we just write that at the same time? Spooky.

I already hate it.

Well, clearly we have had different lives.
I grew up in small town America, there wasn't much to do and we used alcohol as we awkwardly found out who we were.

Did we just write that at the same time? Spooky.
No. I copied yours for an internet joke.

Watched a few this weekend.

The Beach - utter drivel. One of the worst films of the 90s or whatever decade it was released in. Not a s bad as Trance though. Danny Boyle fuck off.

The Cable Guy - Amazing

Boogie Nights - Still holds up. PT Anderson's most enjoyabe film. Not his best but the most fun.

Smashed - Someone mentioned it earlier in this or another thread and it sounded interesting. It's alright. About a hipster-ish teacher with a drinking problem. Half Nelson tells a similar story but is a much better film. Can't fault the performance of Mary Elizabeth Winstead in this though. She's excellent.

Hannibal Rising - Really silly and I don't think giving Lector such a detailed back story was necessary but it's not the worst thing I've ever seen. The guy who plays Lector is a bit bland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back