What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

Everytime, somebody mentions "Oblivion", for a second I think they mean this.... (only its great!)

tumblr_mqj1jyOTGT1qdwtljo1_500.jpg

1981%20-%20Evilspeak%20(DVD).jpg

Finally got to see this. Enjoyable with quaint 80's computer graphics. One of the original video nasties so I was disappointed that my DVD appears to be a censored version

Mud. I really enjoyed it. Stylistically it was heavily influenced by Terrence Malick. Plotwise it was pure Americana - two poor, small town boys get tangled up with a mysterious and charismatic drifter called Mud played brilliantly by Matthew McConaughey.

Mud. I really enjoyed it. Stylistically it was heavily influenced by Terrence Malick. Plotwise it was pure Americana - two poor, small town boys get tangled up with a mysterious and charismatic drifter called Mud played brilliantly by Matthew McConaughey.

I loved it, maybe the most enjoyable film I've seen all year.

Neckbone's little wave.

I loved it, maybe the most enjoyable film I've seen all year.

Neckbone's little wave.
I don't think Jeff Nichols has made a bad film yet. His next one sounds interesting too. A John Carpenter inspired sci fi film called Midnight Special which features the great Michael Shannon in the lead.

He also looks like Michael Cera's taller, handsomer older brother.

Alpha Papa. It was fine. As with many tv shows that get adapted for the big screen a lot of the subtleties are lost. There was far too much reliance on slaptstick. Parts of it were inspired though and had me pissing myself.

Just read the biog of the lead actor Bruno S.
Jesus! Even madder than the movie itself.

Mini Biography
The unwanted son of a prostitute, Bruno S. was beaten so severely by his mother at age 3 that he became temporarily deaf. This led to his placement in a mental institution; he spent the next 23 years in various institutions, often running afoul of the law. Despite this past, he a self-taught painter and musician; while these were his favorite occupations, he was also forced to take jobs in factories such as driving a fork lift. Director Werner Herzog saw him in the documentary Bruno der Schwarze - Es blies ein Jäger wohl in sein Horn (1970) and vowed to work with him, which led to his major roles in The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser (1974) and Stroszek (1977). He was very difficult to work with, though, sometimes needing several hours of screaming before he could do a scene.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0754165/bio

I watched 10 mins of the Conjuring.Had to turn it off.

That doll was fucking shite looking

Mental documentary The Act of Killing. Former Indonesian death squad leaders re-enact their killings with a full film crew in the style of different movie genres - westerns, gangster films, musicals.
The_Act_of_Killing_(2012_film).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back