Great Goals 2008/2009 (2 Viewers)

My chin is still on the floor after that. Hail Zlatan. Maybe the English will stop with all the "overrated" bollocks now.

In fairness, Zlatan is one of those hot and cold players, even in a single game he can have 15 minute spells of genius and be shite for the rest of the game.
'Overrated' is nonsense though, and apparently he has been MUCH more consistent than usual this season. I think he might actually have wised up a bit, instead of just prancing about like Balotelli he sees to be actually putting some effort in these days.
I reckon that goal is the best goal ever.

He was fairly consistent for Milan last season though as a whole Milan were fairly inconsistent.

He's always reminded me of Anelka. Great technique poor attitude. If he has grown up a bit PSG could surprise some people in the CL. Great as this goal is it'll always be Maradonna for me. The man was a genius. Plus I saw it when I was 5 with my Da, I didn't know shit but I could tell by his reaction that I'd seen something amazing. Zidane in the CL final is right up there for me because it's with his "Bad" foot. Also because I saw it live (on TV) and was amazed.

He was fairly consistent for Milan last season though as a whole Milan were fairly inconsistent.

He's always reminded me of Anelka. Great technique poor attitude. If he has grown up a bit PSG could surprise some people in the CL. Great as this goal is it'll always be Maradonna for me. The man was a genius. Plus I saw it when I was 5 with my Da, I didn't know shit but I could tell by his reaction that I'd seen something amazing. Zidane in the CL final is right up there for me because it's with his "Bad" foot. Also because I saw it live (on TV) and was amazed.
i don't think Zlatan has, or has had, an attitude problem on the scale of Anelka. Zlatan is just completely full of himself. YOu get the impression with Anelka that he's really insecure, and needs constant love, which it's difficult to give him because he's a dick. Zlatan is just one of those lads who finds it difficult to be nice to the players around him, because they're not as good as him. At least, it used to be like that. Like you say, he's been great for Milan the last few years, despite them being toilet. Zlat is a fucking genius.

Good choices, especially because those goals actually meant something.
It seems we are agreed though - the best goal ever was definitely scored by a hilarious madman.

i don't think Zlatan has, or has had, an attitude problem on the scale of Anelka. Zlatan is just completely full of himself. YOu get the impression with Anelka that he's really insecure, and needs constant love, which it's difficult to give him because he's a dick. Zlatan is just one of those lads who finds it difficult to be nice to the players around him, because they're not as good as him. At least, it used to be like that. Like you say, he's been great for Milan the last few years, despite them being toilet. Zlat is a fucking genius.

That's Anelka for you. Zlat has probably only played in one absolutely world class side which was Barca and he scuppered that with his monumental ego alright. He seems to have a great habit of being sold by clubs right before they win the Champions League.

Do you know he owns the copyright to the word Zlatan in Sweden ? Now that is ego.

Good choices, especially because those goals actually meant something.
It seems we are agreed though - the best goal ever was definitely scored by a hilarious madman.

Of course. I'd nominate every single Matt Le Tissier goal as well to even things out because he wasn't mad just better than everyone and lazier than most.

Lets face it hillarious madmen make the world go round as far as football's concerned. If Alan Shearer had beaten all 11 opponents finished with a scorpion kick and the goal had cured cancer it'd still not be as good as any Marco Matterazzi goal because Shearer is boring as fuck and Marco could do that "What me ? What did I do, Why are you picking on me?" face directly after he'd broken a lads legs.

Zlat can handle himself too. We haven't got a player who wouldn't bounce off him.

Honey Monster would eat Zlatan for breakfast. Walters would batter him too.
Walters ins't as big as he looks. I'd say Zlat is half a foot taller than him, and bigger too. Zlat's fucking huge. Really. Mind you, you'd say the same about Messi, wouldn't you? Keano would nobble him. Walters could elbow the top of his head. Etc. Well, you have to catch those cunts first. Also, is that all we have? We can kick shins really, really hard? Actually, it is, isn't it?

Keane didn't just nobble people. He was a real leader, did so by example, covered every blade of grass, always looked to get the ball forward supported every attack he was basically Schwienstiger mkI.

Now .....eh .......yes we can kick people....... Yes that's al we have.

*tear rolls down face*

Walters ins't as big as he looks. I'd say Zlat is half a foot taller than him, and bigger too. Zlat's fucking huge. Really. Mind you, you'd say the same about Messi, wouldn't you? Keano would nobble him. Walters could elbow the top of his head. Etc. Well, you have to catch those cunts first. Also, is that all we have? We can kick shins really, really hard? Actually, it is, isn't it?

They were saying on the radio this week that Zlatan is 97 kg, that's more than 15 stone, and he's a footballer and not fat in the slightest, big big man

He's scored better goals, I think, a ridiculous one for Ajax springs to mind. He's some player when he's in the mood.
But I watched Barca and Messi earlier tonight, that lad is something else entirely.
Obviously. In an era when we're blessed to see players like Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic. Messi.. Just. Messi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back