Great Goals 2008/2009 (1 Viewer)

He's too much of an individual to fit into a system as regimented as Barca. He's got a massive hard on for Ronaldo, I'd imagine that he'd love to play with him.

Can see him at Bayern. No one in there right mind would turn down the oppurunity to play there now that Pep is in charge. If I were Spurs and Real came a knocking i'd ask to get Di Maria in return plus a massive wad of cash. He was excellent last night when he's in the mood he's a really tidy player.

Our first goal against West Ham today.

The best tribute David Moyes will ever get from our club.

Simply perfect football.

It was nice alright. And one in the eye for people saying that Everton play bad football and have done under Moyes. I think they've always played football in as positive a manner as the ability of the team allowed and they've certainly improved in the past couple of seasons on that score as they've had better and better players at the club. Moyes has always been adaptable as well.

It was nice alright. And one in the eye for people saying that Everton play bad football and have done under Moyes. I think they've always played football in as positive a manner as the ability of the team allowed and they've certainly improved in the past couple of seasons on that score as they've had better and better players at the club. Moyes has always been adaptable as well.

The type of Steven Gerrard idiot who like to say that we kick it long too often (and if I'm honest I think we kick it long too often, but it sure is effective) seem to miss the fact that when we get the ball forward quickly we also break up field quickly and get players around the box, Pienaar, Miralles, Osman and Baines all have around 7-9 goals each this season that's testament to how we attack teams. When it works it's great to watch. When it doesn't it's torture.

Apparently we've played 30% of all our passes this season in the oppositions final third. The highest in the PL. On the other hand Swansea who take all the plaudits for nice football, have played the least and are 3 places below us. The other thing that always gets to me is the idea that we're a dirty team, You need a bit of bite in the challange to win tight games, we've always had that, you'd swear football was a non contact sport the way people go on.

I think Moyes had his eye on a young Belgian lad that could be the next Makele, I couldn' pronounce his name so I can't remember it. If he signs him for United and he turns out to be as good as the rest of the Belgians I think they'll massacre a lot of teams next season.

The type of Steven Gerrard idiot who like to say that we kick it long too often (and if I'm honest I think we kick it long too often, but it sure is effective) seem to miss the fact that when we get the ball forward quickly we also break up field quickly and get players around the box, Pienaar, Miralles, Osman and Baines all have around 7-9 goals each this season that's testament to how we attack teams. When it works it's great to watch. When it doesn't it's torture.

Apparently we've played 30% of all our passes this season in the oppositions final third. The highest in the PL. On the other hand Swansea who take all the plaudits for nice football, have played the least and are 3 places below us. The other thing that always gets to me is the idea that we're a dirty team, You need a bit of bite in the challange to win tight games, we've always had that, you'd swear football was a non contact sport the way people go on.

It was that thing in the guardian by the lad from the zonal marking blog I think, I read the same stat there anyway. You might not appeciate it but that sort of high up the pitch passing vs. where Swansea pass it is a bit like Barcalona at their best in recent years. They used to always play much of their football within 30 yards of the opposition goal which made them so dangerous. Swansea play nice football but under Rodgers I used to think that it was characterised by an awful lot of passing in the middle and at the back, ultimately trying to pull a fullback out of position so they could release Sinclair and Dyer. They've been a bit more direct this season under Laudrup. Possibly because Michu is a far more versatile and capable player than Graham.

It was that thing in the guardian by the lad from the zonal marking blog I think, I read the same stat there anyway. You might not appeciate it but that sort of high up the pitch passing vs. where Swansea pass it is a bit like Barcalona at their best in recent years. They used to always play much of their football within 30 yards of the opposition goal which made them so dangerous. Swansea play nice football but under Rodgers I used to think that it was characterised by an awful lot of passing in the middle and at the back, ultimately trying to pull a fullback out of position so they could release Sinclair and Dyer. They've been a bit more direct this season under Laudrup. Possibly because Michu is a far more versatile and capable player than Graham.

I prefer passing it the opposition half alright. I'd prefer to see us pass it through midfield into the opposition half like we did constantly against West Ham rather than look for Fellani.

I don't like teams that pass it 800 times a match and most of those are between the back four though. It's horrible to watch.

What did you make of Benfica and Porto.

Like Man City last season but against their closest rivals, so probably more like Arsenal vs Liverpool in 1989

What a finish for the winner.

http://www.footytube.com/video/fc-porto-v-benfica-lisbon-177104?ref=wv_relbox

Deco is a diving cunt, and has just tested positive for a drug used to hide other performance enhancing drugs. So he's a fucking cheat!
And yes, I like Celtic, obviously. Not really fussed on the Premiership, I like slagging English teams off though. Except FC United of course.
I like loads of players, Zidane is a great legend.

Deco is a diving cunt, and has just tested positive for a drug used to hide other performance enhancing drugs. So he's a fucking cheat!
And yes, I like Celtic, obviously. Not really fussed on the Premiership, I like slagging English teams off though. Except FC United of course.
I like loads of players, Zidane is a great legend.
Didn't know about Deco's drug habit. Seems a bit unbelievable that players with such low work rates still need drugs to get around the pitch. He was an awful diving little bollox wasn't he ?

That Porto side that won the CL and Portugal in 2004 really took diving to whole new levels. This side are pretty decent though, watched them in the CL against Malaga they gave it a right good go, played some really decent stuff and stayed on their feet for the most part. That said it wasn't like Scholes and Keane were present.

Fan made footage from a perfect angle of my favourite goal last season.
Holla @ u ManU, dream on Arsenal!
7TIIs0z.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back