Letter to Emily (1 Viewer)

If people don't keep on paying for music then music will stop evolving according to this article

Just as the strongest and healthiest plants and animals pass on their good genes to future generations, researchers claim music evolves as musicians copy the best aspects of other artists' work while filtering out their less popular traits.
This means that every time someone buys a song, they are contributing to the "natural selection" process by which the best songs are rewarded with success and the worst ones fade into obscurity, the scientists said

I'd say the opinions in the article are fairly typical of young people in that age group. They grow up with the internet. Why pay, why wait, why travel. It's right there & its free.

I love the physical product meself, MP3's are like fast food, convenient, nice every now & then but not very satisfying... & probably bad for your health as well.

Will kids in near future still dream of being rock stars? or will the internet have made it impossible for only a small few to make any kind of a living from it?

Apart from the obvious (they sound, look and feel way better), I buy cds and real books, 'cause I generally like the artists and believe they deserve to be rewarded. Ok, Joanna Newsom there, will never know how much her music means to me, but I do, and nicking her latest work (for that's what it is) off the Net, would, in all seriousness, make me feel like shit.

I only wish they would do away with those tragic plastic jewel cased cds, and replace them all with soft back packaged ones.

Apart from the obvious (they sound, look and feel way better), I buy cds and real books, 'cause I generally like the artists and believe they deserve to be rewarded. Ok, Joanna Newsom there, will never know how much her music means to me, but I do, and nicking her latest work (for that's what it is) off the Net, would, in all seriousness, make me feel like shit.

If its any consolation I have 3 copies of Have One On Me

have what on me?

220px-Joanna_Newsom_-_Have_One_On_Me.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back