joey barton (1 Viewer)

As for his rant last night, is what he said so wrong? He may have put it forward in an inflamtory way, but surely most people would rather have passionate home grown players over players with no feeling for Ireland exploiting the grandparent rule to play in the European/World Cup Finals?

I want Ireland to win and I don't particularly give a fuck about who's in the team in order for them to do it provided that it's not made up of war criminals and kiddie fiddlers, I didn't even complain when Roy Keane came back.

Kinda wish McShane commited genocide somewhere so we could get rid once and for all.

As for his rant last night, is what he said so wrong? He may have put it forward in an inflamtory way, but surely most people would rather have passionate home grown players over players with no feeling for Ireland exploiting the grandparent rule to play in the European/World Cup Finals?

What he said is that one England cap is better than any amount for another international side simple as that. He's a fucking thick cunt.

I'd be happy enough if England gave Joey Barton one international cap, then never played him again just to make sure he never ever gets to play international football.

Anyway, who cares what Barton Finks? Everybody knows he's a total cunt. Him and Robbie Savage are probably best mates or something.

Kinda wish McShane commited genocide somewhere so we could get rid once and for all.
what paul mcshame has done is worse than genocide. imho.

also, do you think joey may have been taking the mick, no un intended? perhaps he testing the limits of the fa's stance on racism. you know, to check if it's working. "i'm english, and therfore better than you" has to racist, right?

ramon quiroga, peru's goalie in 1978, was born in argentina.

also, do you think joey may have been taking the mick, no un intended? perhaps he testing the limits of the fa's stance on racism. you know, to check if it's working. "i'm english, and therfore better than you" has to racist, right?

he doesn't strike me as being intelligent enough.

on the point that number 7 made though, there was a bit/lot of piss-taking down the years. Not so much in the Jack Charlton era as the Mick McCarthy era (it started in earnest towards the end of the Charlton era). But, what was most disappointing was Andy Townsend trying to convince Vinny Jones that he must be Irish somewhere along the way, and the whole media circus that followed. And, when Jones couldn't find Irish roots, his declaring for Wales.

Phil Babb and Stephen Reid and some others of that ilk can fuck off. And if Barton had worded his tweet a little more carefully, citing as examples that lad that tried to declare for Ireland last year (from sunderland I think, can't remember his name), he might have had a point. As it was it was clumsy and maybe even borderline racist.

Most lads with English accents who played for Ireland put their heart and soul into playing for Ireland. They did so because their being Irish meant something to them. Not what fucking Warren barton said.

touchy subject with me. I was born in Britland so it could have been me the cunt was talking about.

he doesn't strike me as being intelligent enough.

on the point that number 7 made though, there was a bit/lot of piss-taking down the years. Not so much in the Jack Charlton era as the Mick McCarthy era (it started in earnest towards the end of the Charlton era). But, what was most disappointing was Andy Townsend trying to convince Vinny Jones that he must be Irish somewhere along the way, and the whole media circus that followed. And, when Jones couldn't find Irish roots, his declaring for Wales.

Phil Babb and Stephen Reid and some others of that ilk can fuck off. And if Barton had worded his tweet a little more carefully, citing as examples that lad that tried to declare for Ireland last year (from sunderland I think, can't remember his name), he might have had a point. As it was it was clumsy and maybe even borderline racist.

Most lads with English accents who played for Ireland put their heart and soul into playing for Ireland. They did so because their being Irish meant something to them. Not what fucking Warren barton said.

touchy subject with me. I was born in Britland so it could have been me the cunt was talking about.
whoa...babby declared for Eire from a young age. his mother was irish, his ambition as a teenager was to play for ireland. stepehn reid also declared as a teenager. the same way mccarthy and mcgeady did.

wayne rooney didn't, however.

remember paul butler? that was as low as it got for me.

whoa...babby declared for Eire from a young age. his mother was irish, his ambition as a teenager was to play for ireland. stepehn reid also declared as a teenager. the same way mccarthy and mcgeady did.

I wonder who I was thinking of then. Some bloke who looked like Reid but was a striker. Can't think of his name.

And fair enough on Babb. Maybe it was his 'my mother is from county Carlow, which is 60 miles from Dublin' interview on the news that had me thinking he was one of the chancers

there's no doubt there's a line of chancers as long as yer arm who've tried to get a game. macken, goodman, robinson. lately we have cox, who admitted he'd only ever been to ireland on a stag. but there's 4 million irish born people living in england, so they're not all taking the piss. some of the brit-born lads really embrace it, zinedine for example. there were years there when the camera would pan along the team for the national anthem, and no one would be singing.

owwn coyle doesn't consider himself irish any more does he? he's constantly referred to as scottish. tommy coyne, john aldrige, ray hoghton, chris houghton, david o'leary, andy townsend, paul mcgrath, mark lawrenson, jason macateer, babby, mick mccarthy...loads of great "irish" players not born in the republic. alan kernaghan as well. but as a nation we tend to wander around, so it's grand. sure che guevara and cassius clay could have played for us.

jermain pennant and anton ferdinand can fuck off though.

owwn coyle doesn't consider himself irish any more does he?

I saw him play for Ireland once. It was in a 'B' international against Denmark in Tolka park. Did he even play again after that?

tommy coyne

he was my absolute hero when I was 17

alan kernaghan as well

kernaghan was the first player I remember there being hassle over in terms of Northern Ireland staking a claim. His grandparents were from up north, but before partition.

I saw him play for Ireland once. It was in a 'B' international against Denmark in Tolka park. Did he even play again after that?

kernaghan was the first player I remember there being hassle over in terms of Northern Ireland staking a claim. His grandparents were from up north, but before partition.
i think coyne had one proper cap. i rmember seeing a b international many years ago, dunne, keane and duff amde their debuts at senior level. they were all 17. richard dunne had a huge arse. sean devine played, he was another one of those lads. "I'm irish!" no, you're shit.

there's an irony in teh story of kernaghan and gibson. they're shit and we don't want them. i mean, if we're going to nick their players, can we nick some good ones? i'm joking of course. it's funny but the ifa never mention that neil lennon had to retire from international football after receiving death threats for being a catholic when they complain that their players would rather play for us. i wonder if there's a connection?

i think coyne had one proper cap

Coyne got a good few caps. He played in most, if not all, of USA '94. (though maybe you meant Coyle here). Remember the season Coyle had for Airdrie where he scored 18 goals in the first 7 or 8 games of the season, missed the second half of it through injury, but still won the top scorer award. A bit freaskish.

I was a huge Celtic fan in the early 90s and used to joke about how it'd be deadly if Coyne would declare for Ireland. Then it happened.

His late wife hailed from Kilkenny (as did Tony Mowbray's late wife - they were sisters - a truly tragic story).

Coyne got a good few caps. He played in most, if not all, of USA '94. (though maybe you meant Coyle here). Remember the season Coyle had for Airdrie where he scored 18 goals in the first 7 or 8 games of the season, missed the second half of it through injury, but still won the top scorer award. A bit freaskish.

I was a huge Celtic fan in the early 90s and used to joke about how it'd be deadly if Coyne would declare for Ireland. Then it happened.

His late wife hailed from Kilkenny (as did Tony Mowbray's late wife - they were sisters - a truly tragic story).
yeah, sorry, i meant coyle. poor tommy, didn't his missus have post natal depression?

do you remember marco negri? scored 30 something goals in the first half of the season for rangers, and then got a ticking off for crossing himself and kissing a crucifix or something when he came out on the pitch and promptly scored no more goals for the rest of the season.

yeah, sorry, i meant coyle. poor tommy, didn't his missus have post natal depression?

yes, but I think it was the big C that took both sisters in the end. Very sad. And it was rumoured that the reason Duncan Ferguson got the boot from Rangers was because he (allegedly) made a joke about Mrs Mowbray which Mark Hately took grave exception to. The rumour goes that Hately told Walter Smith that he'd walk if they didn't get rid of Ferguson (remember Ferguson being signed as a result of one overhead kick goal he scored for Scotland while a Dundee Utd player - there was a bidding war with some English clubs, and Rangers outbid everyone (paying 4 million, which was obscene money at the time when you consider Roy Keane was later signed by Man Utd for 3.75 million) in what was nothing more than a show of strength from them. Ferguson was a disaster for them. I was at his first Old Firm game (possibly his first ever game) for them. There was some crack in the terraces abusing him!

do you remember marco negri? scored 30 something goals in the first half of the season for rangers, and then got a ticking off for crossing himself and kissing a crucifix or something when he came out on the pitch and promptly scored no more goals for the rest of the season.

not really. After my time I think. Rangers are a horrible, horrible club, but they did have the odd good egg. Like Hately (who was a catholic, not that it matters) - though I'm sure someone will quote me some story showing Hately up as a bollox. Nothing would surprise me with the huns.

rangers had a knack for buying utter crocks. players who never even got a game, seb rosenthal, daniel prodan... it was like a retirement club. mind you, celtic spent 5 million on rafael scheidt. nuff said.

mark hately's dad played for liverpool. don't know what that tells us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back