joey barton (2 Viewers)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
anyone following his twitter last night?

hilarious

the guy is quite simply a moron. Its people like him that make you glad that football exists as you'd wonder what chance in hell he'd have in life if it didn't.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

If ur English, u play for England. If ur English and sh*t, u pretend ur Irish grand parentage matters to u and play for Ireland!

God what a shithead.

I've been supporting QPR for years. But when we signed this louthmouted idiot thug and put him in as captain my interest level started waning. How can you support a football team with this guy leading them? First thing he does is give out about Adel Tarrabt, a flawed player granted, but one who can put the shits up the opposition. When the Wales manager died he started saying that people who commit suicide are selfish. No concept of time and place. I don't bother watching the matches any more. It's a one percenters club anyway. Tony Fernandez thinks engaging with the fans equating to replying to randomers on twitter about QPR issues. What a shithead he is. And the Mittals are always playing good cop and doing their bit of crocodile tears charity work when they're the richest people, bar none, in Britain. Totally ridicous. At least QPR haven't gone the way of Chelsea and Man City yet. Yet.

Anyway, that's my twopence. I'll probably change my mind again tomorrow.

Yea, I particularly liked "Shit players talking shit" tweet about Mattie Holland, then he goes on to say he himself is not good enough for the England squad.

Didn't Cascarino play despite having no eligibility whatsoever?

technically, yes. But it was a gap in the rules we have governing those things, and that gap has since been closed. He was adopted but didn't know he was adopted (or something like that). Our nationality rules didn't extend to adopted children of Irish parents/grandparents. They do now.

technically, yes. But it was a gap in the rules we have governing those things, and that gap has since been closed. He was adopted but didn't know he was adopted (or something like that). Our nationality rules didn't extend to adopted children of Irish parents/grandparents. They do now.

Fair enough.

Just in general it was a pain to see guys over here searching their genealogy in the hope of having something turn up. All in the interest of furthering their own career, nothing more.
I was never a fan of the granny rule. I'd rather live and die on the merits of our own guys than a bunch of mercenaries.

If you were born in say USA and move to Northern Ireland, and live most of your life there. Can you still play for the Republic?

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

If ur English, u play for England. If ur English and sh*t, u pretend ur Irish grand parentage matters to u and play for Ireland!

God what a shithead.

I've been supporting QPR for years. But when we signed this louthmouted idiot thug and put him in as captain my interest level started waning. How can you support a football team with this guy leading them? First thing he does is give out about Adel Tarrabt, a flawed player granted, but one who can put the shits up the opposition. When the Wales manager died he started saying that people who commit suicide are selfish. No concept of time and place. I don't bother watching the matches any more. It's a one percenters club anyway. Tony Fernandez thinks engaging with the fans equating to replying to randomers on twitter about QPR issues. What a shithead he is. And the Mittals are always playing good cop and doing their bit of crocodile tears charity work when they're the richest people, bar none, in Britain. Totally ridicous. At least QPR haven't gone the way of Chelsea and Man City yet. Yet.

Anyway, that's my twopence. I'll probably change my mind again tomorrow.
I'm on the fence with Joey, both in regards to his performance on the pitch and his twitter persona. However it wouldn't for one second stop me loving QPR if I did really dislike him.

As for his rant last night, is what he said so wrong? He may have put it forward in an inflamtory way, but surely most people would rather have passionate home grown players over players with no feeling for Ireland exploiting the grandparent rule to play in the European/World Cup Finals?

I can see Barton and Mark Hughes getting on about as well as Luis Suarez and The Nation of Islam, so I have a feeling he might not be QPR's problem come the end of the season anyway.

If you were born in say USA and move to Northern Ireland, and live most of your life there. Can you still play for the Republic?

Podolski and someone else I can't remember were born in Poland right ? Deco was born in Brazil

And there was talk last year of Arteta playing for England til Mikel and FIFA pissed in Englands face so fuck off Barton England sniff around lads not good enough for Spain.

Roy Wegerle - Born in South Africa, became US resident through his American wife, played for US.

Podolski and someone else I can't remember were born in Poland right ? Deco was born in Brazil

And there was talk last year of Arteta playing for England til Mikel and FIFA pissed in Englands face so fuck off Barton England sniff around lads not good enough for Spain.

miroslav klose, would you believe. also piotr trochkowski and tim borovski. of course half the turkish team is made up of lads of born in germany to turkish parents. except for mesut ozil and mehmet scholl who went the other way.

the famous world cup winning french team of 98 was fairly multi-cultural, if not outright multi national. not many of them were actually born in france. and half of those that were ethnically something else, zidane was algerian, djorkaeff was albanian and all the rest of it. trezeguet moved to france when he was 17, couldn't even speak the language. as roy keane helpfully pointed out, patrick vieira was born in senegal. christian karembeu was from reunion and all the rest of it.

the great ruud gullit wasn't born in holland.

simone perotta, a world cup winner with italy, was born in england and lived there til he was 6. christain vieri lived in australia til he was 12. he speaks with an oz accent, it's hilarious. half the usa team were born in american army bases all over the world. then there's the curious case of owen hargreaves. terry butcher was born in singapore, before we forget, and john barnes was born in jamaica. you could make up a squad of brazilians that play for other countries, from spain to tunisia to japan, and who could forget emmanuel olisadebe, the nigerian polish dude. di stefano played for argentina, chile and spain. puskas also turned out for spain despite being a member of the mighty magyars. the point is, it doesn't really matter a fuck. not a tiny, wee fuck.

Yeah precisely. Unless you're an English shit head like Barton in which case you can still somehow let down a nation of intelligent and decent folks by making idiotic statements and perpetuating a cultural stereotype that English people are arrogant self important shitbags who believe their blood is redder than the rest and they have a devine right under god to think themselves better than the rest of the planet. Fuck You Joey Barton you tosspot. You'll never win another cap you're a cunt and your arse is fucking horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back