Recommendations for Primavera (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 154
  • Views 15K
  • Watchers 3
Gang Gang Dance? PJ Harvey? Big Boi?

Went to each with high hopes and came away disappointed. Maybe it was my lack of access to that high quality weed I could smell everyone else smoking, but didn't know how to go about getting some of, being out foreign and all

Some thumped-y looking guy was looking at me on the metro one day, but I didn't recognise his face. Wasn't one of you, was it?

Was it going to be about Morrissey? I love you @scutter ; <3

It was about how Morrissey fans just love to queue and how, this one time after I went to see him in the Olympia I was walking down Dame St, by the alley alongside the Olympia, and how there was a large crowd gathered in the laneway, and about how my curiosity got the better of me. Well you see I figured that these uber-Moz fans might know something I didn't and that maybe Moz comes out into the alley after gigs and plays a couple of tunes for the adoring masses (ala Jens Lekman). So I waited with them. 30 minutes later a silver mercedes pulled up by the stage door. 3 minutes later Moz was 'bundled' out the stage door into the silver mercedes to much whooping and hollering, after which the car departed. So basically me and lots of other people waited for 35 minutes to catch a 3-second glimpse of a man we'd just seen perform on stage for 2 hours. I never felt like such an idiot in my entire life.

Love you too jonah ; <3

I had a deadly weekend, total blast. Although during Odd Future Hodgey Beats kicked a full beer can out into the crowd and smashed me full force right in the mush. I was about 20 rows back so it was going at some pace to reach that far. Saw it coming and all, just didn't recognise it for what it was, "oh, I wonder what that i..BANG."

Ooh that was you who got that! :( sorry to hear that dude, hope you managed to enjoy their set anyway. Anyone see what happened to the stage diver during the whole stage invasion thing? Some dude, not from the band, did the fastest stage dive i've ever seen and just looked like he landed back-first on the ground. Mental gig, but still great. Sloppy, but great :)

Highlights:

The Flaming Lips
Mercury Rev
Pulp
Cool bar dude doing shots with us, then giving us loadsa free shots ater he got in trouble for doing shots with us :)
Blues Explosion (despite shite sound. great crowd though!)
Big Boi
Emeralds
OFWGKTA
Das Racist
Holiday Greg

Low Lights:
Portal. At least I got to say "I told you so" to a lot of people who believed it would work ;)
Llevant stage
Not seeing Sufjan

Ooh that was you who got that! :( sorry to hear that dude, hope you managed to enjoy their set anyway. Anyone see what happened to the stage diver during the whole stage invasion thing? Some dude, not from the band, did the fastest stage dive i've ever seen and just looked like he landed back-first on the ground. Mental gig, but still great. Sloppy, but great :)

I did enjoy it, apparently the collective gasp from people around me when I got hit was quite something but I didn't notice at the time. I want it noted that I stayed up after it too, what a way to discover that you're not glass jawed, was lucky though, could have easily broken a tooth or busted my nose. I saw the dude do the stage dive at the end yeah, it was sort of a carbon copy of the one Tyler did right at the start, I guess the lesson to learn from that is that if you're the star of the show you can get away with a stunt like that (and it was just about the most violent stage dive I've ever seen, like he was cannonballing into a pool) but not if you're some random pleb.

Guaruntee, if there's an attempt at a stage invasion like that at Oxegen things will not go as nicely with security.

I did enjoy it, apparently the collective gasp from people around me when I got hit was quite something but I didn't notice at the time. I want it noted that I stayed up after it too, what a way to discover that you're not glass jawed, was lucky though, could have easily broken a tooth or busted my nose. I saw the dude do the stage dive at the end yeah, it was sort of a carbon copy of the one Tyler did right at the start, I guess the lesson to learn from that is that if you're the star of the show you can get away with a stunt like that (and it was just about the most violent stage dive I've ever seen, like he was cannonballing into a pool) but not if you're some random pleb.

Guaruntee, if there's an attempt at a stage invasion like that at Oxegen things will not go as nicely with security.

File for some compo!

A commenter from OTR http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ont...ions-from-primavera-sound-2011/#comment-52879

Also a very very poor food selection.

Wait, did I attend the same festival as her? The food by festival standards has been pretty awesome at Primavera down through the years, the vendors hardly ever change. There was the burger & chips guys, the hot stands around the place, the mexican place, the indian place, the padthai place, the shitty telepizza place, the sandwich place, the crepe place, the Xhurro place, the Vegan place, the FUCKING organic bakery place. The only thing I was surprised in not seeing was a coelic food stand since coelic beer is sold at the bars. (RIP Pizzacone).

Plus at every step – we were offered drugs, every 5mins.

She should have accepted.

jesus. two plane loads of irish in a hot climate with no beer.

I was delighted when this happened at first as I hadn't put any money on the cards at all at all. Then I had to listen to loads of people giving out about it. Was really easy to sneak booze in too. Great weekend!

I was delighted when this happened at first as I hadn't put any money on the cards at all at all. Then I had to listen to loads of people giving out about it. Was really easy to sneak booze in too. Great weekend!

People are morons. There were multiple bars right across the street from the forum.
Chugging a few and going back with a bottle of water is a far better situation than walking around like a woman complaining.

i lost 60 quid on that cocking card.

You can put if off next year's ticket, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back