Recommendations for Primavera (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 154
  • Views 15K
  • Watchers 3
http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ont...dozen-observations-from-primavera-sound-2011/

It was inevitable.

(12) Is this the year that Primavera jumped the shark? .... (it’s a long way from my first PS visit back in 2004

although this comment on his complaints about Pulp and B&S is great

Myself and the missus lasted four seconds of Belle & Sebastian, up until a girl in front of us started doing the ‘floaty-dress’ dance. It’s not Pulp, Jimbo, it’s grown-up girls drooling over Jarvis.

I disagree with most of what Jimbo says FWIW. Big Boi - disappointing, PJ Harvey - dull, B&S - great

And Gang Gang Dance? WTF? The music was boring and the dancers were pure spinal tap - some Japanese dude waving a plastic bag, and a member of rubberbandits shaking bits of bogroll and doing karate kicks

Loved LOVED tuneyards though. And Caribou. And generally had a fucking deadly weekend :)

Think they're playing oxegen..... dunno if that counts as accessible though.

egg_; Gang Gang Dance were my favorite set of the weekend. Check out their new record if you haven't heard it, might change your mind.

They really ought to have a travelator between the Pitchfork & Llevant stages, far too much of a trek on unexercised tourist-blistered feet. The more spacious food areas were great & as everyone has prolly complained, they should have stress tested their drink card/ipad contraption, the arse fell out of it as soon as folks topped up their cards on Thursday evening. They should stick to the drink tickets but allow folks to pre-buy them online and then dispense onsite from vending machines.

Jaysis, where is everyone?

Are OFWGKTA playing anywhere else accessible this summer? Left after a few tunes to go see Animal Collective, wouldn't mind catching them again

announced today

Tennent’s Vital is excited to announce that Kaiser Chiefs, Jimmy Eat World, Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All (OFWGKTA) and D12 will be joining Eminem at Ward Park, Bangor on 24th August 2011.

stay away from the cucumbers, and portal cards.

Big Boi, pj harvey and mogwai were the best things i seen

Jaysis, where is everyone?

Are OFWGKTA playing anywhere else accessible this summer? Left after a few tunes to go see Animal Collective, wouldn't mind catching them again

They're playing in Bangor at the Tennants vital festival up north, and also Oxegen.

I had a deadly weekend, total blast. Although during Odd Future Hodgey Beats kicked a full beer can out into the crowd and smashed me full force right in the mush. I was about 20 rows back so it was going at some pace to reach that far. Saw it coming and all, just didn't recognise it for what it was, "oh, I wonder what that i..BANG."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back