World Cup playoffs (1 Viewer)

That Israel game is where you can see the whole Kerr tenure start to turn sour, if that game had somehow ended after 30 mins with us 2-0 up and crusing it'd be easy to imagine us winning that group or at least making the playoffs and I think Kerr would've built on that and maybe achieved some real things with the team.. Sickening match.

That game really is up there as one of the worst ever moments for any Ireland fan. I was more violently upset after the away game, as I recall, but man... that was just sickening. A sickeningly frustrating campaign, the whole lot. It was one shuddering disappointment after another.

It's a bit frustrating that Trap is now in a no-lose situation.
He keeps the same team and if he loses to France, well it's France, and we got to the play-offs didn't we?
And of course if we win, we're in the World Cup, and then he can turn round and say "These are the players that got us there so these are the players I'll stick with"

Personally, I'm hoping we beat France, and then sometime around next May every Irish midfielder in the world gets simultaneous double-fractures in their legs except for Slim Andrew, Daddy Dick, S.Reid, Duff, McGeady, and Lawrence.

Edit: Actually he'd probably still ignore Slim Andrew and Daddy Dick and play John O Shea in midfield instead!

I don't see it that way. If we don't qualify it will be viewed as a genuine failure and if Andy Reid continues to perform for Sunderland it has to become glaringly obvious that we have to find a role for him in the side. Yes we will have nearly qualified but we did so in the dourest way possible.

I don't think the FAI will sell many tickets for the new stadium based on a failed campaign and truly awful performances.

Unless it's for a League of Ireland XI vs Traps lads. First leg in Tallaght second thomond park winner is the national side. My money's on the LOI.

On the plus side ireland wise David Moyes now has a few Irish youngsters to work with so could have a few new full backs and defensive midfielders who can actually defend by the next campaign.

Edit: Though they'll probably have career ending knee injuries by the that stage.

While he made some mistakes, Kerr didn't have a fraction of the luck Trap has enjoyed. That match, O'Brien gets sent off, O'Shea wraps his arms around an attacker to give away a peno, their keeper acts the bollix, the ref is bent. Trap gets that penalty, one of the worst decisions I've EVER seen, at home to Georgia.

Not to mention Duff heading a goalbound shot from his teammate off the line and away from goal with an attempted flick header. One of the most galling football matches I've ever seen.

It's a bit frustrating that Trap is now in a no-lose situation.
He keeps the same team and if he loses to France, well it's France, and we got to the play-offs didn't we?
And of course if we win, we're in the World Cup, and then he can turn round and say "These are the players that got us there so these are the players I'll stick with"
This is a bit of an oversimplification. Obviously between winning and losing he is setting out to win, and you do that with your best team. You also want to bring your best team to the WC. So if we lose by a bad midfield mistake among 100 bad midfield mistakes, you can't say it was France, it was Trappatoni's midfield.

If we win, people can still say we should play Steven Reid over Andrews, for example, cos he's fucking BETTER, and had he been fit we would have got there easier, without question.

For no real reason:

FOTOENG_f.jpg

The French squad was announced today and contains a plethora of cloggers from such lowly and unfashionable sides as Stade Rennes, Toulouse, Nice and Girondins Bordeaux.

It's obvious these French chancers have over-reached themselves in achieving a play-off spot and Ireland will quite easily end their journey in 13 days' time.

Goalkeepers: Cedric Carrasso (Girondins Bordeaux), Hugo Lloris (Olympique Lyon), Steve Mandanda (Olympique Marseille).

Defenders: Eric Abidal (Barcelona), Aly Cissokho (Olympique Lyon), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Julien Escude (Sevilla), Rod Fanni (Stade Rennes), William Gallas (Arsenal), Bacary Sagna (Arsenal), Sebastien Squillaci (Sevilla).

Midfielders: Abou Diaby (Arsenal), Alou Diarra (Girondins Bordeaux), Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid), Yoann Gourcuff (Girondins Bordeaux), Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse), Jeremy Toulalan (Olympique Lyon).

Forwards: Nicolas Anelka (Chelsea), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Andre-Pierre Gignac (Toulouse), Sidney Govou (Olympique Lyon), Thierry Henry (Barcelona), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Loic Remy (Nice).

Their keeper took a punch in the head from an irish fan in the team hotel the next day. I'd like to buy that Irish fan a pint of foaming nut brown ale.

That game really is up there as one of the worst ever moments for any Ireland fan. I was more violently upset after the away game, as I recall, but man... that was just sickening. A sickeningly frustrating campaign, the whole lot. It was one shuddering disappointment after another.

Their keeper took a punch in the head from an irish fan in the team hotel the next day. I'd like to buy that Irish fan a pint of foaming nut brown ale.
didn't he spend the entire game rolling round like a drogba? fucking cunts.

Here's how to do it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZBK7JfB7ow"]YouTube- Scotland 1 France 0[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nmtB7rBs3M"]YouTube- James McFadden's Incredible Goal against France[/ame]

Lloris dropped two clangers and Toulalan scored an og in Lyon's 5-5 draw with Marseille earlier

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPsa0Y0bTz8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Lyon Vs Marseille 5-5 - All Goals & Match Highlights - [High Quality] - November 8 2009[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back