Scorsese, Allen, Aronofsky&others join "FREE POLANSKI" petition (2 Viewers)

That whole thing with him "violating" that woman with the champagne bottle was a lie though wasn't it? He got a full apology from the jury in the trial but his career was destroyed by that stage.

Apparently so - he was found not guilty in the end. As far as I know he was the best paid actor in Hollywood too.

Scanning this page I saw Zooey and was preparing to slowly die somewhere in a corner, thank the lord for reading things properly.

Natalie though, Ngh, ugh, blergh. She can be so ridiculously pretentious and 'reactionarily intellectual' though that I can well imagine her jumping in to allocate some almighty honour to the auteur and the film industry in general. Maybe all of these people think they're being 'like, y'know, hardcore left' and totally like, freespirited by jumping in to criticise our notions of 'right' and 'wrong' with regards to sexuality. Which is the kind of bollocks I tend to come out with when I'm having a theoretical discussion (though it would be a far stretch for even I to ever condone such hypothetical behaviour).

In the real world though, with a real 13 year old its a little bit different. I'm just really struggling to understand their logic here.

has any 'sleb come out and said he should rot in prison like anyone else? or would they be thrown out of the smug liberal brigade.

the only person i've heard of is one of the chaps from heroes. someone posted something on twitter going 'why has polanski been arrested this is outrageous etc.' and he replied 'because he's a child mollestor you asshole'. also the site jezebel which is completely expected, but i haven't heard anything other than that.

I'm just really struggling to understand their logic here.

Famous people should be able to do whatever they want. If they've got Polanski that means they might not be able to get away with whatever shit they're pulling. They inhabit a world where people rarely say no to them. It's like a James Ellroy novel.

i feel it would be poignant at this point, also, to make a scathing reference to all the celebrities that rushed out in their internet campaign to protect poor taylor swift against kanye west. of course though dissing someone on stage is WAY worse than mollesting them, amirite?

You can add Natalie Portman and Han Solo to the list.

Considering that Portman is apparently going to be at some gig in Belfast tomorrow night (along with Zooey and her husband) the knowledge that she's cool with date rape is handy to know.

Anyone on for a stalking trip up north?

i feel it would be poignant at this point, also, to make a scathing reference to all the celebrities that rushed out in their internet campaign to protect poor taylor swift against kanye west. of course though dissing someone on stage is WAY worse than mollesting them, amirite?

What about molesting Taylor Swift on stage?

You can add Natalie Portman and Han Solo to the list.

Considering that Portman is apparently going to be at some gig in Belfast tomorrow night (along with Zooey and her husband) the knowledge that she's cool with date rape is handy to know.

Celebrities feel put upon and are afraid of the general public.

Natalie's tiny. Tiny-tiny. I used to see her all the time in a bar I used to go to.

And it wasn't date rape, it was statutory/rape of a minor.

has any 'sleb come out and said he should rot in prison like anyone else? or would they be thrown out of the smug liberal brigade.

French film-maker Luc Besson, who directed the 1994 movie Leon, has also refused to lend his support.
Speaking to French radio station RTL, he said: "I have a lot of affection for him, he is a man that I like very much ... but nobody should be above the law.
"I don't know the details of this case, but I think that when you don't show up for trial, you are taking a risk."

Seems photographing young girls was all the rage in the 70s

link

"challenging"

15396742.jpg

I always forget that, how weird it was that he was photographing the girl in the first place.

Is that you Brooke Shields?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back