What movie did you watch last night? (47 Viewers)

fe07befdca3247d20210d783594e5733.jpg

It goes on forever, is all over the place and I spent most of the film counting the various band t-shirts. I liked how every character is a total prick though

The Boondock Saints is completely amazing Gazzer. Get it if you haven't seen it!

Thank you bro,I'll check it out so!

In other news I just watched The Hurt Locker........FUCKING NINJA.

Totally deserves its imdb 8.

I also saw....
afmchildren.jpg

Really enjoyable.6.7/10.(the tagline on the poster says it all)

and.....

SatansLittleHelper2009c2a9.jpg

One of the daftest movies I've seen in a while,great masks!.Great party movie.6/10

and ...

fuzz.jpg

Full of hilarious nerds.

Watched "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" last night, it's been on my 'to watch' list for ages, so I was glad it was such a great movie. I'm a bit of a saddo though and really liked Hamlet in school, so when a few of the quotes were coming back to me during it, I was glad I was on my own :)

inglourious_basterds01.jpg

My expectations were very low on this, but I did enjoy it.
I'm not sure he gets the tone right. Hops around a bit from Sergio Leone to 'Allo 'Allo to torture-com and is quite silly at times.
But there is plenty to like and it didn't feel like 2 1/2 hours.

I thought it was beautifully shot. Very pretty. The French girls performance was just great.

Beyond that..I haven't a clue.

I'm inclined to give Tarrantino the benefit of the doubt, I never seem to like his films until I've seen them a couple of times so whether this is absolute shite or his best work since Jackie Brown, I honestly don't know yet.

I'd hate to be a film reviewer having to come up with an opinion one way or the other on this so hortly after seeing it.

I watched two films.

First was Suburban Girls which has now surpassed 'Nick and Norah's infinite playlist' to grasp the title of the worst film ever made.

Secondly was 'The Dreamers' which was so far up its own arse (in true Bertolucci style) that only the sheer beauty of Louis Garrel and Eva Green made it digestible. Pretty but shite.

inglourious-basterds-poster-official.jpg

I agree with all the positives mentioned above, the bar scene was amazing, the Jew hunter was superb (albeit very like Rob Brydon) and a lot of the scenes were laugh out loud funny. The film being projected onto the smoke at end was a cool touch as well.

I really don't think he's (Cera) a very good actor. I think he got lucky with George Michael but in everything else he's either a carbon copy of that character or complete crap.

Jesse Eisenberg is alright, I enjoyed Adventureland if even just for Martin Starr and Matt Bush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back