Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (1 Viewer)

are you on glue?

yes

special effects that have aged like Mega Drive graphics,

are YOU on crack? 1991 that film came out. of course it will have aged as its nearly 20 years old. but it completely changed the way films were made. the T-1000 mirror thing was massively revolutionary. mega drive graphics? cmon.

a time line that is fucked and full of inconsistencies (John Connor being ten is a favourite) and ridiculous dialogue

it was on tv last weekend and it was an ordeal to sit through, where as the first film is still killer

"I know now why you cry".. Me too, Arnie

why is it fucked that he is ten? also, its a time travel film, of course its going to have holes. but the great thing about terminator is that it doesnt throw anything into question. you just take it for what it is. its hardly donnie darko.

yeah, some of the dialogue is shite, and giving the terminator personality doesnt always work. and in fairness to cameron, he cut out a lot of the shit scenes(see the deleted scene where he learns how to smile).

agree with vinnie that the thumbs up thing is mega lame.

2mewzlx.jpg

i really, really enjoyed this. fuckloads of stupid plotholes and "ah now hang on minute" bits, but it was bleedin deadly all the same.

stuff that bothered me:
- LA should be an irradiated nuclear wasteland - how are two people surviving there?
- why doesn't skynet just nuke the fuck out of everyone until they're all dead? airbases aren't all that easy to hide from a global surveilance system.
- It was made clear in T3 that skynet was a distributed system and there was no central location which could be destroyed to incapacitate it - why are they talking about "skynet central" in 2018 san francisco?
- Since 'the signal' was faked by skynet, why weren't the resistance just blown to pieces heading to the san francisco assault?
- Who does heart transplants in the desert? Pretty big coincidence that he was a compatible donor. Also - Connor's missus is a vet. An animal doctor. Why did it have to look like she was going to be the one doing the transplant?
- And finally, why - in a factory making T-800s -is there only one actual T-800 to chase them?

but yeah - deadly movie.

fuck all the haters, this film rocked. effects were among the best i've seen, worthington was deadly, bale was okay, non stop action.
maybe the plot wasn't the greatest, but who gives a flying fuck when there's 50 foot harvester bots throwing humans around like GI joe figures.

i really, really enjoyed this. fuckloads of stupid plotholes and "ah now hang on minute" bits, but it was bleedin deadly all the same.

stuff that bothered me:
- LA should be an irradiated nuclear wasteland - how are two people surviving there?
- why doesn't skynet just nuke the fuck out of everyone until they're all dead? airbases aren't all that easy to hide from a global surveilance system.
- It was made clear in T3 that skynet was a distributed system and there was no central location which could be destroyed to incapacitate it - why are they talking about "skynet central" in 2018 san francisco?
- Since 'the signal' was faked by skynet, why weren't the resistance just blown to pieces heading to the san francisco assault?
- Who does heart transplants in the desert? Pretty big coincidence that he was a compatible donor. Also - Connor's missus is a vet. An animal doctor. Why did it have to look like she was going to be the one doing the transplant?
- And finally, why - in a factory making T-800s -is there only one actual T-800 to chase them?

but yeah - deadly movie.

i cannot fathom enjoying this movie.

i will never watch anything McG is attached to. never

still completely baffled as to how he got the terminator gig, like all he had to show for himself before that was charlies fucking angels and a shitlist of failed projects including a hot wheels film based on the toy cars, a remake of revenge of the nerds and a remake of spaced???

i cannot fathom enjoying this movie.

Word. It failed on almost every concievable level as even a competent action film. The editing was atrocious, especially during the dialogue scenes. I've never heard dialogue delivered so badly in a mainstream movie, its like they shot them all saying their lines in any order and then went from there. Even the actual logic of WHY the action is happening is completely absent. It's just there for it's own sake. The script may have had 10-pages, if it was lucky.

A typical day on the set of T4...

1. McG gets Taco Bell for breakfast.
2. Hip-hop music plays on set.
3. Actors get lines of dialogue.
4. Eeryone sits in silence until Christain Bale arrives.
5. Christian Bale arrives.
6. People are shot saying words.
7. McG sends shots to grader with clear instructions to have ONLY brown/cream/olive/black colours in his movie as those are the most serious colours.
8. Footage is edited for 32 minutes.
9. McG gets Taco Bell before bed.

Word. It failed on almost every concievable level as even a competent action film. The editing was atrocious, especially during the dialogue scenes. I've never heard dialogue delivered so badly in a mainstream movie, its like they shot them all saying their lines in any order and then went from there. Even the actual logic of WHY the action is happening is completely absent. It's just there for it's own sake. The script may have had 10-pages, if it was lucky.

A typical day on the set of T4...

1. McG gets Taco Bell for breakfast.
2. Hip-hop music plays on set.
3. Actors get lines of dialogue.
4. Eeryone sits in silence until Christain Bale arrives.
5. Christian Bale arrives.
6. People are shot saying words.
7. McG sends shots to grader with clear instructions to have ONLY brown/cream/olive/black colours in his movie as those are the most serious colours.
8. Footage is edited for 32 minutes.
9. McG gets Taco Bell before bed.

a proper director would insist on In and Out burger.

What spoiled the movie for me, were the obvious cuts. I think this movie screams "studio interference". They probably saw the mega bucks TDK brought in and thought they'd pull the same trick off with this one and make it 12A.

The jarring cuts which saw torrential raining stopping in the blink of an eye and Bale jumping into a stormy sea only to end up on a submarine, bone dry, 5 seconds later... were awful.

I never thought I'd say this of a McG film, but I really hope a directors cut makes it to Blu-Ray. There were a few dodgey bits in the movie for sure, the usual plot-holes, a few ropey lines but all this aside, it was mostly beautiful to look at and almost all of the action set pieces were top notch. It wasn't great, but it was a damn decent Summer flick that puts the franchise back on track after T3.

However, as it's not doing too well at the box office, I reckon this is the last Terminator film we're likely to see.

i thought the Marcus Wright character was pretty cool
he was pretty angry

it was a better movie than i could have hoped for from McG
but i can understand now why he was head butted by Bill Murray

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back