Ethical consumption and drugs (1 Viewer)

Wobbler

Website
www.discogs.com
Do you boycott Coke, Nike and Mc Donald's but still buy drugs? Do you not think the drug industry is pretty dodgy?

Interested on hearing people's views.

For what it's worth my opinion goes something like this..

If Mc Donald's had a monopoly on food - I'd still buy food. If there was an ethical way for me to buy drugs, I'd go down that route.

It's not my fucking fault their illegal.

I'd broadly be of the same opinion. sniff...

I'm thinking of some way to link this to prostitution, but i'm just too stoned maaaan.

It's easy for me, since I'm not much of an ethical consumer.

Interested in hearing Broken Arm's views.

Interesting question and have thought about it quite a bit over the years but I don't think I would have anything more detailed/informed to say on it than anyone else. My position will be fragmented by a moral ambiguity (although I'm much less likely to have to consider my position on it these days - if you know what I mean)

my short answer is that there isn't an ethical international drugs trade (leaving aside home grown weed etc). When looking at specific drugs on the production side alone any other industry would have serious problems if judged along certain impacts/factors (social harm, environmental damage, financial structure) it would have a serious difficulty in operating/trading.

On the other hand the reality of drug supply and demand chains are massively more complex and it's not really possible to make proper non-emotive comparisons between illegal drugs and other industries.

suffice to say there is no fair-trade cocaine yet.

Drugs both legal and illegal are bad fucking news most of the time.

I don't think you realise the gravity of that statement. If Chisty of Aslan wasn't strung out on Herodin, would he have been able to write 'Crazy World'? Would he?

grow your own, thrn there's no ethical issues.

it's easy to grow poppies indoors.

Did you also hear the story, i think before xmas, that the Gards were looking into aerial imagery to detect grow operations in houses? No one is safe.

I don't think you realise the gravity of that statement. If Chisty of Aslan wasn't strung out on Herodin, would he have been able to write 'Crazy World'? Would he?

You're right. I should be ashamed of myself.

Someone hand me something that will shield me from my own shame, something that will protect me in this crazy world.

i'd say the yolk business is ethical enough, no farmers getting buttfucked, just lads in labs making a fortune in holland. couple of shootings here and there, but not much. not much negative social impact either.

i'd say the yolk business is ethical enough, no farmers getting buttfucked, just lads in labs making a fortune in holland. couple of shootings here and there, but not much. not much negative social impact either.

But the distribution and retail is controlled by the same people who are involved in every other illegal drug. You can't break this down on a drug-by-drug basis.

Thankfully I've been able to get a steady supply of organically grown weed sourced from local producers. Best part of all it's a far superior product. If that supply ever dried up though I'd be back to the traditional, (more) criminal and violence breeding distribution chains. Until the product gets too shit, with silica spraying etc.

i don't use drugs, or petrol, or plastic, or paper, or any kind of chemicals, or any food that wasn't grown within a 5 mile radius, because i'm just that ethically aware. oh wait no.

Fuck drugs and people who use them.

you cant be serious surely?

Did you also hear the story, i think before xmas, that the Gards were looking into aerial imagery to detect grow operations in houses? No one is safe.

they not got better things to be doing?im not expecting them to turn round and legalise it tomorrow but surely they could turn a blind eye to someone growing in their house for personal use?they're not harming anybody and they're not giving money to criminals who are busy blowing each other and innocent by-standers away.

im not expecting them to turn round and legalise it tomorrow.
It's not the Gards who are making them illegal. It's not even really the politicians, it's us the public, the proles who either don't want them legalised or don't care enough. In fairness the cops are just doing their job.
they're not harming anybody and they're not giving money to criminals who are busy blowing each other and innocent by-standers away.
By the same token, surely drugs should be legalised. I know that's what you (and me) would like to see but if you buy into conventional wisdom, the cops cannot turn a blind eye to that.

I'm not sure if I've made myself clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back