ipod without itunes? (1 Viewer)

theoootini

Website
www.soundcloud.com
getting a new 120 gigawatt ipod in the next couple days. am not too enamoured of using itunes. anyone have any experience of using the foobar ipod mananger? any use? anything else out there?

also, id it possible to keep an ipod synched between two computers, i.e., work and home. is this possible? some extra bit of firmware perhaps?

I used a few alternatives to itunes but it led to some messups with the database and songs not appearing or not disappearing on the ipod and the like

Winamp is really good and should do most, if not all, of the things you want.

yeah, this messed things up a bit for me

In regards to synching just don't. You don't want to use it, it's only there for people who can't find google or the anykey

In regards to synching just don't. You don't want to use it, it's only there for people who can't find google or the anykey

not sure i follow you here. is it totally undoable to set up two computers for 1 ipod?

Winamp is really good and should do most, if not all, of the things you want.

really don't like wimamp. was hoping someone may have had experience with foobar...

Isn't it rockbox people use? I'll check and get back to ya. It's linux based mediaplayer

getting a new 120 gigawatt ipod in the next couple days. am not too enamoured of using itunes. anyone have any experience of using the foobar ipod mananger? any use? anything else out there?

also, id it possible to keep an ipod synched between two computers, i.e., work and home. is this possible? some extra bit of firmware perhaps?

The missus and I got one cheap and a tech nerd of ours set it up to use floola-it's impossible for us to understand and anytime he's in the house he spends 2-3 hours flutin' around with it trying to get it to work properly, copies songs twice or only half a song etc. I have given up on it, never buying anything apple again. I don't have the time to be learning how all that shite works.

The missus and I got one cheap and a tech nerd of ours set it up to use floola-it's impossible for us to understand and anytime he's in the house he spends 2-3 hours flutin' around with it trying to get it to work properly, copies songs twice or only half a song etc. I have given up on it, never buying anything apple again. I don't have the time to be learning how all that shite works.
yeah it must be apples's fault that the software it wasn't designed for it keeps fucking up
:rolleyes:

i don't understand this tommy. itunes is probably the simplist programme i use.

just get a drag-and-drop player with no software like sansa. no messing. for playing direct from your computer, just use windows media player.

In that case, get itunes back on it. Get itunes on your puter and get music onto your ipod from your computer. Alternatively get someone else to do this for ya.

edit: that was in reply to Tommy not Neilo

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back