Check this out (1 Viewer)

As a kid (like under 8) we used to go to loads of weddings. All my folks friends were getting hitched. We always had a great time, when you got there the other kids looked ugly and mean but by the end you had to be dragged away from the games and the fun you were having. We used to love weddings. Then I was a page-boy at one wedding which was "no-kids". There was just me and the other page boy. It was completely boring.

So anyway I've come up with the only possible solution to this -- flying to the wedding, and flying back the next day, so only away from the kids for 24 hours! A bourgeoise solution to a bourgeoise predicament. It's expensive, and the kids/missus can't go, but on the other hand I GET TO FLY! Yay!

As I suspected, my mate feels very sheepish about the whole thing, and effectively pointed the finger at the missus, claiming he'd get a "stiletto in the head" if it were any other way. Ah, marriage.

So there you go, losers! He agreed with ME! Oh and by the way, a baby sitter was never an option, all you without kids wouldn't understand. (There, now. You've pushed me into the "you wouldn't say that if you had kids" place. Happy?)

I used to help people plan weddings and this is very comon.Kids and babies cry and scream and if the couple don't want them at their wedding then don't bring them.It has NOTHING to do with them not wanting kids .Perhaps you think they are being "cruel" by not wanting kids at their wedding but in fairness it's their wedding day and if you feel that aggrieved about kids not being invited don't go.Simple as.

I used to help people plan weddings and this is very comon.Kids and babies cry and scream and if the couple don't want them at their wedding then don't bring them.It has NOTHING to do with them not wanting kids .Perhaps you think they are being "cruel" by not wanting kids at their wedding but in fairness it's their wedding day and if you feel that aggrieved about kids not being invited don't go.Simple as.

DUCK AND COVER!!!

Perhaps you think they are being "cruel" by not wanting kids at their wedding but in fairness it's their wedding day and if you feel that aggrieved about kids not being invited don't go.
It's nothing to do with "cruel", it just makes it very difficult for you to go if the wedding's any distance away, and impossible if there's breastfeeding involved.

Ah, so you've planned a few weddings. Ah yes. That special day. You've helped organise that oh-so-expensive event, helped feed people's ego by presenting an ostentatious celebration of love, in all its forms: a big, expensive white dress that the bride will never again wear and that is supposed to represent virginity and purity (ho ho); a big church, in spite of the fact that the couple are most likely atheists/agnostics/lapsed catholics, but want a church wedding because it's prettier and it'll keep mammy happy; thousands of euros worth of fresh flowers that represent the beauty and freshness of the couple's flowering love, in spite of the fact that the couple have most likely been living together as husband and wife for a long time; a photographer/video operator, who will film the event for posterity, for a very high cost, and catch that moment digitally to go over and over again with their other couple friends when they call over because, let's face it, they're not going to have anything else to talk about--and of course, it won't be tempered for a second by the shout of a child or any possible reminder of real life, of what a marriage can possibly bring; a big, expensive, tiered cake that represents the solidity of the union, the strong foundation of friends and family who will help you along and be there for you in the good times and the bad - oh yes, of course, because that's what's marriage is about, isn't it? The creation of a new family, even if it's just a family of two. Yeah, you can't be having kids around that. And when that solitary, spectacled aunt in a crumpled old dress gets up and reads out a short, unpretentious few words about what love is, folks'll smirk and giggle, wondering when the bar opens, and what is this old bat on about anyway? And she'll be helped down by her daughters and sisters who actually will appreciate what she has to say and buy her a g&t. And then the beer-gutted masses will wander in to the hotel and get pissed beyond belief on punch and dirty lager in their ill-fitting suits, and come on to the bridesmaids who'll be only more than happy to oblige, because they're out of their brains too. And once the speeches and the old-time waltzes are done and dusted, it'll all end in the most vulgar orgy of raucous, awful music to drown out the fact that this is empty, this is ridiculous, why didn't they have one a them jazz quartets like I suggested, and ah for fuck's sake I've puked on my new frock and it cost so much, and when are they going to play YMCA so we can all do that dance?

So you've planned a few weddings. How nice.

You have no idea. "Simple as."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back