Jaysus cycling! (11 Viewers)

oh i didn't realise "messenger" was a brand name. god they are fairly expensive. I think I might make my own or just rob a HeraldAM one...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.meg/wcc/facility-of-the-month/November2007.htm

stowmarket.jpg

That's the start of a one way track, and that website is promoting the idea of cycling the wrong way down it. Maximum tsk!

Hahaha! I lived in Stowmarket for a while, and regularly made my way to Stowupland. That's loopy.

does anyone know where i can get decent rain trousers and mack, that are easy to cycle in? i've came home looking like a stewed rat 3 times this week...
and what place has the best selection of messenger/pannier bags? i need a large waterproof one for my A3 sketchpads

for the wet gear try millets on mary's street. they're usually pretty cheap but decent enough stuff.

does anybody have any experience with buying second-hand stuff off ebay from the states? i won an auction for a bike frame yesterday and i'm wondering if i'm likely to get ripped-off at customs. is there anything i can do to reduce the risk? get yer man to mark it 'gift' or some shit?

it's an airborne carpe diem titanium cyclo-cross/touring frame. it's very nice. the customs officials aren't gonna know it's used but. how do they apply their charges i wonder. surely it's not any parcel entering the country from outside the eu?

does anyone know where i can get decent rain trousers and mack, that are easy to cycle in? i've came home looking like a stewed rat 3 times this week...
and what place has the best selection of messenger/pannier bags? i need a large waterproof one for my A3 sketchpads

the patagonia shop sales are your friend for rain jackets/coats - it's an outlet shop anyway, and when they have sales you can get jackets with an over-200 quid rrp for 40, etc. the staff are also pretty good at helping you pick the right weight and shape of jacket for cycling in - mine is really, really light, v. comfy, and it's kept off some very heavy downpours. i use it for hiking as well. i don't think they're having a sale at the mo, but might be worth checking anyway.

um, and i think i got my rain trousers in the great outdoors, they're craghoppers, roll into a little stuff sack for having in your bag, and are breathable enough that they're not revoltingly sweaty to cycle in. they are hideous, mind, but i have yet to see an attractive rain trouser.

i have yet to find an actually totally waterproof bag, but my current backpack (north face) came with a nifty rain cover, which i assume is the kind of thing you can buy separately.

There's always a chance they won't catch it. Though I would suspect they'll notice a bike frame-shaped package. Sorry dude.
I was caught for a chain and chain ring I got a while ago, still worked out cheaper though.

i had a fall going uphill this evening. came out with 2 gashes. one on my knee and one on another area

it was about a 2km long hill with little respite and i had got out of the saddle and i lost control and hit the deck

i had a fall going uphill this evening. came out with 2 gashes. one on my knee and one on another area

it was about a 2km long hill with little respite and i had got out of the saddle and i lost control and hit the deck
ouch. was it damp? any damage to the bike?

Glad to hear it.

I broke a chain in a sprint, and lost it, and hit the deck. Out of the saddle similar to yourself possibly... I landed on my knee I think. I was in a fucking hoop for a while.

I still have the scar on my knee. 13 years old I'd say it is now.

I remember flying through the air thinking what the fuck just happened??

i just got a Giant Bowery over the weekend.. one of these guys
bowery.JPG

it has an option to flip to a fixed wheel. i think i'm gonna hold off for a few weeks though, til i get used to being on a racer again.
such a fast bike..

anyone cycle a fixie on here? find it hard to get used to?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
    Vicar Street
    58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back