Tom Waits for Dublin (1 Viewer)

my guess is that there were so few cheap tickets that they might be only the restricted view ones...

...that's a guess mind...

His touring band is Larry Taylor (upright bass), Patrick Warren (keyboards), Omar Torrez (guitars), Vincent Henry (woodwinds) and Casey Waits (drums and percussion)

“They play with racecar precision and they are all true conjurers. I’m doing songs with them I’ve never attempted outside the studio. They are all multi-instrumentalists and they polka like real men.”

:)

His touring band is Larry Taylor (upright bass), Patrick Warren (keyboards), Omar Torrez (guitars), Vincent Henry (woodwinds) and Casey Waits (drums and percussion)

“They play with racecar precision and they are all true conjurers. I’m doing songs with them I’ve never attempted outside the studio. They are all multi-instrumentalists and they polka like real men.”

:)

casey waits played at most 3 songs in englerland, very piss poor bongo shit, the stuff that ruin a 1st year arts students first house party

suprised marc ribot is not playing

Got balcony tickets for Edinburgh. It is stupidly expensive, but he was fantastic when I saw him in London, and I am now officially one of those smug old people with an ever-increasing credit card limit. They keep increasing it without me asking them to, the bounders.

There's no way in hell I could have afforded to see him when he last played in Dublin, I was a teenager dependant on pocket money, don't think I even had a Saturday job yet. I was just starting to get into him, but I didn't really know much of his stuff, so the finer nuances would have been a bit wasted on me.

Who else is going to Edinburgh then? And anyone know somewhere half-decent and cheap to stay?

You know what is tempting.... flying to Prague on the 21st. Seeing the show on the 22nd and flying back on the 23rd. I just checked, it works out to the same price as here plus, you'd get a mini holiday. Tickets go on sale on Friday. So tempting. If only I had someone to join me.

I got a curt email from ticketmaster telling me, essentially, that I'm fucked. I cannot believe this shit. It's completely unacceptable. Aside from the fact that I've spent several grand in the last few years on their website, to treat any customer like this is unethical and bad business practice.

Anyone have any ideas? Didn't this happen with Led Zep and everyone had to contact their manager to get it changed?

I got a curt email from ticketmaster telling me, essentially, that I'm fucked. I cannot believe this shit. It's completely unacceptable. Aside from the fact that I've spent several grand in the last few years on their website, to treat any customer like this is unethical and bad business practice.

Anyone have any ideas? Didn't this happen with Led Zep and everyone had to contact their manager to get it changed?

Maybe contact the Consumer's Association.
http://www.consumerassociation.ie/

I wonder if all tickets are non-transferable though, and Ticketmaster/MCD are just enforcing it in this case.

No, the Led Zep thing remained in place and seemed to work.

Saying that, I know someone who went with a) a ticket allocated in the name of her sister, and b) had the ticket booked with the credit card of her father (the rules said it had to be the ticket holder's credit card). She was turned down at the box office, turned on the water works, and was then let in.

No offense but it was clearly stated everywhere....even in this thread. Otherwise I would have let someone buy me a ticket and paid them back.

No offense but it was clearly stated everywhere....even in this thread. Otherwise I would have let someone buy me a ticket and paid them back.

I know, but the alternative was buy no tickets. I assumed that at some point I could enter names of people attending. Not everyone has a credit card, like. And failing that, I could contact them directly and explain the situation and give confirmation from the card holder and they could simply - before dispatching the tickets - amend the name. I bought it on my ticketmaster account, surely that should count for something?

I know, but the alternative was buy no tickets. I assumed that at some point I could enter names of people attending. Not everyone has a credit card, like. And failing that, I could contact them directly and explain the situation and give confirmation from the card holder and they could simply - before dispatching the tickets - amend the name. I bought it on my ticketmaster account, surely that should count for something?

Good luck but it's exactly the reason why I sat here watching people type they got their ticket and didn't get one myself. Stupid ticketmaster. Could your girlfriend pass herself off as your mom? Like can you show the credit card instead of a photo id? If so, you're fine.

Good luck but it's exactly the reason why I sat here watching people type they got their ticket and didn't get one myself. Stupid ticketmaster. Could your girlfriend pass herself off as your mom? Like can you show the credit card instead of a photo id? If so, you're fine.

would be worth a shot.

possibly your mother could turn up with you and whoever you got the other ticket for, show her ID and say that she's letting you two get in?

Your mother would do that for you, she's your mother

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back