Water Charges (2 Viewers)

I agree to a point. What I have a problem with though is not knowing where the vast amount of tax I pay from my salary now goes. It used to go towards water treatment and amenities and services in my area. Now I pay specific charges for those but the tax rate hasn't dropped any. So where does that go? And how can they charge motor tax AND have toll roads? Is that not a double-taxation?

The government are a shower of complete cunts who just make shit up as they go along.

Don't get me started on the LTP and how it is in no way related to one's ability to pay. ABSOLUTE FUCKING CUNTS and I hope every one of them rots in hell. Especially Phil Hogan. CUNT.

They're using it to pay back the Anglo debt, no?

because my primary income/source of staying alive is disability benefit by default I don't actually earn enough to pay the thing. So instead it stacks up like a loan @4% interest that I have to start paying when I earn above a certain threshold.

man, that sucks. My ma is a widow with NO income. She lives in my old family home, which is a decent house in a decent area. She can't afford the LPT so I end up having to pay it. And I can barely afford my own.

anyone send back their form? just got mine in the post there (got one to the house a while back addressed to the wrong person and returned it).

Am torn about it. Its kind of in our best interest to return it, right? Money-wise I mean.

Worth reading this lads posts on it all

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

some quality replies to that

Theres no way I use 30000 litres of water in 3 months

my form is unopened and on my hall floor for people to walk on. My concern is that is goes like Bin Tax, I didn't pay it for years, no bin collected and it fizzled out with me having to pay back €20 per month and seeing the bins privatised in the meantime. Don't get me going on household one either

landlords are being told tenants are liable. This is going to cause some fucking conflict now. irish water are going to use landlords to get the charges in place and there will be people fucked out of gaffs left right and centre.

No sign of a disability allowance so far as I can see. They are going to get an awful load of shit off me for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back