THE OFFICIAL Bored in Work 34 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter old
  • Start date
  • Replies 47
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 2
Re: SCARY !

Originally posted by Speed Racer
No, no, no .....this is truly fucked up. How the hell does it work?

http://www.cyberglass.co.uk/FlashEx/mindreader.html
Take, for example, 85. You're going to subtract 8 and 5 from it. Now when you subtract the 5 (which is the one's digit), you're left with 80, a multiple of ten. Now this will ALWAYS happen. E.g. 74, subtract 4, you're left with 70. Now you're left with a multiple of 10 (in this case 80 = 8 x 10) and you're subtracting the number 8, so you're going to get (8x10)-8 = 8x(10-1) = 8x9, i.e. a multiple of 9. Again, this will ALWAYS happen. 70-7 = (7x10)-7 = 7x(10-1) = 7x9. Hope this makes sense. Anyway, basically, your answer will always be a multiple of 9. If you check, all the multiples of 9 have the same symbol beside them (except for 90 and 99, but they're too big for you to get them as results)

Re: Re: SCARY !

Originally posted by michaelknight
....... E.g. 74, subtract 4, you're left with 70. Now you're left with a multiple of 10 (in this case 80 = 8 x 10).......

No, if you pick 74 you add 7+4=11, then subtract that from 74 = 63, memorise the symbol for 63 and click, then hey presto, the crystal ball is right again.

Anyway I noticed that the symbols beside the numbers change after every click of the ball. Still.....this explains nothing as to how it works.:confused:

Yes, but if you subtract the 4 first, you get 74 - 4=70, a multiple of 10, and then subtract the 7, you get a multiple of 9, in this case 63. If the symbol in the crystal ball changes, I'd wager all the symbols beside the multiples of 9 change correspondingly...

Originally posted by michaelknight
Yes, but if you subtract the 4 first, you get 74 - 4=70, a multiple of 10, and then subtract the 7, you get a multiple of 9, in this case 63. If the symbol in the crystal ball changes, I'd wager all the symbols beside the multiples of 9 change correspondingly...

Ok, ok .....I can see the top of the mountain now. Its cool though innit? Crafty bastard eh?;)

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Ok, ok .....I can see the top of the mountain now. Its cool though innit? Crafty bastard eh?;)
Ah, y'know...(shrugs shoulders)....I can spot this sort of thing a mile off....(cool indifference)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back