THE OFFICIAL Bored in Work 34 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter old
  • Start date
  • Replies 47
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 2
Re: SCARY !

Originally posted by Speed Racer
No, no, no .....this is truly fucked up. How the hell does it work?

http://www.cyberglass.co.uk/FlashEx/mindreader.html
Take, for example, 85. You're going to subtract 8 and 5 from it. Now when you subtract the 5 (which is the one's digit), you're left with 80, a multiple of ten. Now this will ALWAYS happen. E.g. 74, subtract 4, you're left with 70. Now you're left with a multiple of 10 (in this case 80 = 8 x 10) and you're subtracting the number 8, so you're going to get (8x10)-8 = 8x(10-1) = 8x9, i.e. a multiple of 9. Again, this will ALWAYS happen. 70-7 = (7x10)-7 = 7x(10-1) = 7x9. Hope this makes sense. Anyway, basically, your answer will always be a multiple of 9. If you check, all the multiples of 9 have the same symbol beside them (except for 90 and 99, but they're too big for you to get them as results)

Re: Re: SCARY !

Originally posted by michaelknight
....... E.g. 74, subtract 4, you're left with 70. Now you're left with a multiple of 10 (in this case 80 = 8 x 10).......

No, if you pick 74 you add 7+4=11, then subtract that from 74 = 63, memorise the symbol for 63 and click, then hey presto, the crystal ball is right again.

Anyway I noticed that the symbols beside the numbers change after every click of the ball. Still.....this explains nothing as to how it works.:confused:

Yes, but if you subtract the 4 first, you get 74 - 4=70, a multiple of 10, and then subtract the 7, you get a multiple of 9, in this case 63. If the symbol in the crystal ball changes, I'd wager all the symbols beside the multiples of 9 change correspondingly...

Originally posted by michaelknight
Yes, but if you subtract the 4 first, you get 74 - 4=70, a multiple of 10, and then subtract the 7, you get a multiple of 9, in this case 63. If the symbol in the crystal ball changes, I'd wager all the symbols beside the multiples of 9 change correspondingly...

Ok, ok .....I can see the top of the mountain now. Its cool though innit? Crafty bastard eh?;)

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Ok, ok .....I can see the top of the mountain now. Its cool though innit? Crafty bastard eh?;)
Ah, y'know...(shrugs shoulders)....I can spot this sort of thing a mile off....(cool indifference)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back