Slayer (4 Viewers)

No just for mastadon COS ITS FOR BLOUSES.
We were front left for Slayer with Jamie and Chris.
Were you up front for the whole thing?
Dunno about being in the middle of that raining blood madness :D
MONDOBRUTALE said:
did you and sloane stay down the back then? w-w-w-w-w-wimps

mastodon was amazing you sucker
was over towards the right with the denovissimoids, ddmurph and ratmonkey

i have no idea where stan bowles disappeared to after approx 5 minutes.

Is that Neil?I think he was talking to sloaner for a bvit mid bands
MONDOBRUTALE said:
mastodon was amazing you sucker
was over towards the right with the denovissimoids, ddmurph and ratmonkey

kirstie said:
you will in your hole. Went to the Ambo last week for Dizzee. Got ID'd by the bouncer, much to my utter bemusement

me: I'm THIRTY ONE
him: oh jaysis, oh right...yeah..eh sorrdy about dah, eh *blushing bright red*
me: hahahahaahaha etc
him (to other bouncer): ah jaysis we were asked to ID all the gerrils
other bouncer: ah within REASON Shane, within reason.

I was crushed.

ahhhhh.....see I said 'ladee'; envy slays itself by its own arrows.

fucking amazing. 4 hour bus journey this morning didn't do much for my neck pain though. think i'm gonna have to get a brace or summin. would love to be going again tonight.

I thought Mastodon were pretty shit to be honest, boring heard-it-all-before riffs, an inadequate drummer, designer frontmen in the mould of Jason Newstead, poor sound, bad bad band.

But Slayer! Ohhhhhh mama. What a show. From 'God Hates Us All' to 'War Ensemble' in the first three songs. Perfect. And the intro to 'War Ensemble' contained possibly the only decent banter between Tom and crowd all night: "War is a serious business man. That's just what it is - a serious business."

Then there was some soong about killing, a song whose drum roll in the middle I recognised, 'Necrophilia' kicking off with Tom's comments about eating maggots out of an oul wans gee, a fucking awesome 'Dead Skin Mask' complete with fluffed intro, 'Hell Awaits' with it's unrivalled audience/band interaction in the intro:

Tom: "do you wanna die?"

Dublin: "Yeahhhhhhhh!"

Tom: "Do you really wanna die?"

Dublin: "Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhh!"

'Post Mortem' was good, a couple of other new(ish) post SITA songs I didn't recognise, then 'Raining Blood', 'South of Heaven', 'Silent Scream' and then a quite incredible and ferocious 'Mandatory Suicide' teed off in Tom's usual insightful, knowledgeable way ("everyone has to serve... and it's YOU who has to suffer"). And 'Angel of Death' to finish. Perfect.

All in all, a cracker but still not a patch on my best metal gig in the past three years - Ministry at the TBMC. I was hoping they'd dust off 'Behind the Crooked Cross' or 'Seasons In The Abyss'but they didn't which was a bit of a pisser for this old soak. It didn't rain at the end of 'Raining Blood' like it did at the Ozz-less Ozzfest either, which was a marginal disappointment, but it was nice to see everyone stand up on the balcony for a change and nice of that Security Guard to let me finish my fag off in the toilet.

I heard from a t-shirt dude that they're playing the entire 'Reign in Blood' from start to finish tonight. I'm gonna go up and grab some tickets off some disappointed under-18's outside for a fiver, or a can of cider, or something. I implore those of you who didn't go last night to do the same.

Alan Latchley said:
I heard from a t-shirt dude that they're playing the entire 'Reign in Blood' from start to finish tonight. I'm gonna go up and grab some tickets off some disappointed under-18's outside for a fiver, or a can of cider, or something. I implore those of you who didn't go last night to do the same.

!????????????//aljflkadsjfaklsdjf

Alan Latchley said:

Aw fuck! So tempted to head to this tonight, even though I can't afford it at all. Arrrgggh

dj assault being played before mastodon was deadly too ... ass n titties.
if that's true bout reign in blood tonight i'll spend wednesday in tears

MONDOBRUTALE said:
I went to the bar, then couldn't be arsed fighting my way past all the sweaty bodies. Plus I was nearer the bar.

Blood and Thunder ruled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back