shell sink fishing boat with crew on board. (1 Viewer)

You are kinda talking bollox here, it wouldn't require a constitutional amendment to nationalise our gas or even put a realistic level of tax on it, nor could the EU strike down a constitutional amendment. It would also be perfectly legal for the government to decide that an onland refinery in the middle of a community and built on top of a special area of conservation is completely unsuitable.
Even if you were right here - which I don't believe you are. What would be the result to the economy as a whole if they did. Inward investment in this country stops immediately. We become a basket case overnight. There was a bond action by NTMA during the week - there were looking for 1 billion - you know the keep the lights on in the country. How many of those bonds do you think would have sold if the market believed we were in the habit of nationalising private industry.

what is this "centre for public inquiry"?

looks like the head dude doesn't have a lot of friends:

Statement of Frank Connolly, December 7th, 2005

Since 2002 false allegations have appeared in certain elements of the media, chiefly those controlled by Independent News and Media, asserting that I had travelled to Colombia using false travel documents.
When and where I felt it appropriate I have issued forthright denials of these false and malicious statements.
The campaign of vilification descended to a more vicious level since my appointment as Executive Director of the Centre for Public Inquiry.
The Centre for Public Inquiry has been targeted by certain elements in Irish Society who are hostile to a body established to carry out independent scrutiny.
The Centre has produced two well received reports on Trim Castle and the Corrib Gas controversy.
On November 26th and 27th, in what was patently a considered and timed response to the publication of the Report on the Corrib Gas controversy from those seeking to protect vested interests, the same false allegations were again published by Independent Newspapers concerning me. Further, the Minister for Justice, Mr. Michael McDowell, participated in the attacks and has now repeated the allegations under Dáil privilege.
The Minister has purported to usurp the functions of an Garda Síochána and the Director of Public Prosecutions and seeks to destroy my reputation by publicly making charges of a criminal nature against me.
The Minister has sought to interfere with, if not jeopardise my employment as Executive Director of the Centre for Public Inquiry. By disclosing confidential information from Garda files to a member of the board of Atlantic Philanthropies, which funds the CPI, which is clearly insufficient to support a prosecution against me, he has intended to damage my reputation and my career as an investigative journalist.

Furthermore, confidential documents from a Garda investigation file were copied to Independent Newspapers to the damage of a citizen, who is entitled to the presumption of his innocence and to the protection of his good name.
The Minister has done a grave injustice and damage to me. He has joined what has become a veritable witch hunt against me. He has also done incalculable damage to the integrity of his own office.
It is patent to me however that the real target of the venom and mendacity which has been visited upon me is the Centre for Public Inquiry.
While it is difficult for me as one citizen of a State to defend myself when my character is attacked by a Minister of Government and a powerful newspaper group I will always defend my integrity.
Frank Connolly
Executive Director of the Centre for Public Inquiry

You don't know the journalist Frank Connolly? Accused of mental shit by McDowell in an attempt to silence him. Probably one of Ireland's most thorough investigative journalists? CPI was funded by Chuck Feeney, he withdrew funding after McDowell alleged Connolly was the king of the IRA. Interestingly it was the Independent going after Frank, Tony O Reilly has a 40% stake in Providence Resources Plc, the Irish based oil and gas exploration and development company. He also owns the Sunday World, where Paul Williams regularly writes about how the IRA are behind Rossport. Fwiw, their offices are strewn with Shell press releases and brochures.

Even if you were right here - which I don't believe you are. What would be the result to the economy as a whole if they did. Inward investment in this country stops immediately.

Even framed inside the logic of capital this is simply untrue. We could speculate all day though, capitalists don't act as one united front, where one pulls out another will fill the market. Either way, beyond nationalising, even taxing at the normal amount or providing a safe legal project would be nice. Capital flight wont take place because shell were forced to appease a community's safety concerns.

mcdowell was a right laugh, remember when he called fine gael, sinn fein and the greens the "left, the far left and the leftovers". classic.

FG, left? SF, far left? He was right on the Greens. If I were a TD I would just highlight how the Green Party was founded by a paedo in every Dáil debate.

scoop! what's the email for the independant?
Its no scoop, trust me its been done to death.

Daniel Cohn Bendit; "On several occasions certain kids would open my fly and start to stroke me. I reacted differently according to circumstances, but their desire posed a problem for me. I asked them: 'Why don't you play together? Why have you chosen me, and not the other kids?' But if they insisted, I caressed them still."

I was using artistic licence. He is one of the leading European greens though and has helped found new branches across Europe. And is a filthy PAEDO, kinda.

Also, the european green party didn't properly exist until 84 when Bendit and his 'radical' groups abandoned their principles and joined up.

Also, the european green party didn't properly exist until 84 when Bendit and his 'radical' groups abandoned their principles and joined up.

eh? the european green party was founded in 2004. are you talking about the german green party? which was actually founded around 1979.

There has been a federation of European Green parties since 1979, they have been a political force since 1984. Danny the red is a paedo, Froog is a paedo apologist (possibly) and quite likely has a folder marked /CP/ on his desktop. True facts.

There has been a federation of European Green parties since 1979, they have been a political force since 1984. Danny the red is a paedo, Froog is a paedo apologist (possibly) and quite likely has a folder marked /CP/ on his desktop. True facts.

what does CP stand for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back