• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1

W.

fuck dialectics
Since 2000
Some wsm and ay people heading down to this from dublin..

-
This is a draft program for the Rossport Solidarity Camp Gathering happening on the June Bank Holiday Weekend June 2nd to 5th .

On Friday evening, June 2nd, there will be an introductory talk about the camp, the campaign and the weekend, followed by film showings.
The main activities begin the following day…..

Saturday June 3rd
2.30 pm to 4.00 pm

A discussion about sex, race and class in Venezuela, where the new constitution uniquely recognises that housewives create added value and must be compensated with social security.

There will also be a range of practical workshops running at this time, the draft list of which includes printmaking, self-defence, and bike repair and bender construction.

4.00 to 5.00 pm

Lunch

5.00 pm

Privatisation Forum.

This will be focusing on the privatisation of natural resources and will have Bolivian speakers from the London based Bolivia Solidarity Campaign as control over oil and gas has been a major issue in the massive social struggles in Bolivia in recent years.

As part of this there will also be a speaker on the situation in regard to oil and gas here in Ireland.

7.00 pm Dinner.

8.30 pm Traditional Music Session in nearby pub, as Shell to Sea is the most musically proficient campaign around this session will feature the many Shell to Sea activists, local, national and international, who can bash out a tune or two.
See: http://www.mcgrathmusic.com/index.htm

Sunday June 4th
12.00 pm SHARP Tour of the area. See the many construction sites which have been shut down for the past year. See Carrowmore Lake, already polluted by Shell. See Ballinaboy, where Shell would like to build their refinery, picketed every working day since July. See how close the route of the proposed pipeline is to people’s houses in Rossport. Tours are an important part of what the camp does, and it really does have to be seen to be believed. We started holding tours at the Solidarity Gathering last year and have continued on this tradition. The development stretches over a considerable area, especially as there is a bay in between Glengad, Pollatomish, – where the camp is, and the more famous Rossport. This will be a bus trip and priority will be given to people who have not been here before, it will also cost some money to go on this trip. The tour will be given by local Shell to Sea activists and campers.

There will be some talks on the camp simultaneous with this:

Micheal O Sheighin will give a talk on the history of Erris, as he did last year at the Solidarity Gathering and which proved to be very popular.

There will also be another talk on Bolivia at this time.

Dinner will be at 5 to 6 pm.

At 8 pm the party starts on the beach with Cork based techno sound system Tir na gCasta. See: http://tirnagcasta.org/

Monday June 5th
Hangovers…..

Other things….
Bear in mind we would prefer if other people did not come with sound systems as we want to switch the music off at a particular hour.

This will all cost money so we will be asking for a set suggested donation per person and/or charging for food.

We will need volunteers all through the weekend for cleaning up, cooking etc…

It is best to bring your own tent, remember also you will not be too near shops, this a long way beyond Newlands cross, bring sanitary products, phone credit etc… with you.

The camp and its environs are peoples’ homes respect this.

Remember the camp is in Glengad, Pollatomish, follow signs for Pollatomish, look for there on the map NOT Rossport.

We have a bunch of guidelines they are listed below, we are having a party on Sunday so the no drink one is suspended, we would like if people supported some of the local pubs who are good supporters of the campaign by getting carry out locally rather than from a Lidl in Dublin. The no drugs rule isn’t lifted as we would prefer to be lifted for stopping Shell rather than for possession.

GUIDELINES:
•Alcohol and drugs are not permitted on the camp.
(note the first part of this does not apply to the Sunday night of the gathering)
•Sexual harassment will not be tolerated: we have a Positive Spaces Policy
for dealing with problematic behaviour.
•Everyone on the camp is treated as equal and work is shared equally.
•We are pursuing our goals through non-violent direct action.
•Everyone on the camp is accountable to the camp; we don’t carry out
individualist actions.
•We use a collective decision-making process; everyone in the camp
contributes to decisions.
•We try to leave as light an ecological footprint as possible. This includes
recycling or composting our waste.

rossport5.jpg

rossport9.jpg

rossport4.jpg

W. said:
GUIDELINES:
•Alcohol and drugs are not permitted on the camp.
(note the first part of this does not apply to the Sunday night of the gathering)
•Sexual harassment will not be tolerated: we have a Positive Spaces Policy

Only coddin yourself with those guidelines

Politakill1 said:
Well surely drink,drugs and sexual harassment are part of a nice social gathering.

not too funny boss. the rule about sexual harassment is there 'cos it happens. it continues to be an issue 'cos some people don't take it seriously. by trivialising it you only make things worse for people who have to deal with it, in my opinion.

but anyway back to the topic...

people should buzz up for this weekend if they can. it's a very cool place and the people are deadly. beautiful part of the country too. .|..|

DuncheeKnifed said:
not too funny boss. the rule about sexual harassment is there 'cos it happens. it continues to be an issue 'cos some people don't take it seriously. by trivialising it you only make things worse for people who have to deal with it, in my opinion.
By replying with such stuff is humouring me

PS - Am I bad person?

politakill, plz shut the fuck up. The two rules the camp has work just fine.

W. said:
politakill, plz shut the fuck up. The two rules the camp has work just fine.

Did you change your name in a way puff daddy turned into p.diddy to mix things up real alternative style?

Half of Dublin is heading down to this I hear. There's a few of us cycling over if anyone's up for it.
all them fat lazy punks glen is on about - this'll get ya fit, it'll be like brat camp, but for tubby punx.

On a serious note I am the unfittest I have ever being I can barely pogo to 1 song, I get fuck all excercise.....
All I do is sit here at pc or sit in pub drinking.
Oh and I work in a chinese and I pick chips all nite :(

JANER said:
On a serious note I am the unfittest I have ever being I can barely pogo to 1 song, I get fuck all excercise.....
All I do is sit here at pc or sit in pub drinking.
Oh and I work in a chinese and I pick chips all nite :(

I know what ya mean.

Just taking drugs all the time and wasting my life having fun. I better work on being unhappy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back