shell sink fishing boat with crew on board. (1 Viewer)

what does CP stand for?
captain-planet.jpg

from tuesdays times:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0623/1224249340410.html

THE SECURITY firm working for Shell on the Corrib gas project is the “most monitored” security company in the State, according to the Government’s regulator for the industry.

Staff who had been living more than six months outside Ireland were required to provide a criminal record certificate for every jurisdiction they had been in, she added. An individual may work for six weeks while awaiting vetting approval.

A 500-metre exclusion zone has been placed for the work and the pipelaying ship Solitaire is due to resume efforts to lay the pipe shortly. Several hundred gardaí and the Naval Service are due to provide security, with the Naval Service deploying one and “possibly” two patrol ships and rigid inflatables, working with the Garda Water Unit.

Thats gonna cost us a fair whack.

Its no scoop, trust me its been done to death.

Daniel Cohn Bendit; "On several occasions certain kids would open my fly and start to stroke me. I reacted differently according to circumstances, but their desire posed a problem for me. I asked them: 'Why don't you play together? Why have you chosen me, and not the other kids?' But if they insisted, I caressed them still."

Oh god, how the fuck did he get into this discussion? Didn't the Euro Greens in the 80's table these motions that would decriminalise sexual contact with minors that wasn't violent? I read up on all this last year and I've forgotten it already..

Its no scoop, trust me its been done to death.

Daniel Cohn Bendit; "On several occasions certain kids would open my fly and start to stroke me. I reacted differently according to circumstances, but their desire posed a problem for me. I asked them: 'Why don't you play together? Why have you chosen me, and not the other kids?' But if they insisted, I caressed them still."

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: jesus fucking christ ,fuckin nonce, and to think he invented marxism:eek::eek:
noose012209.jpg

Wow. I was just up there two days ago. It's an amazingly beautiful landscape in Bellanaboy and the surrounding area, far far nicer than Killarney could ever be. I went up to the court there to accompany my mate, 31 Shell To Sea protestors were up for some pretty ludicrious charges, most of them have been postponed till a later date though. Pat O Donell's (the lad who's boat got sunk) son was up for "loitering".
There are lots of condratictory statements being made by Gardai all over the shop too by a quick look at evidence and accusation.

By the campsite and the compound, security and cameras are everywhere. It's scary. There's even IRMS lads on little dingy boats just off the coast of the campsite lying down, covering themselves, and filming/watching constantly.

While we were trying to hitch a lift from Belmullet we met Pat O' Donnell and he kindly picked us up. Talk about being depressed, he seemed completly shattered and despondent. You could understand it though, your boat getting sunk, getting beaten up by gards, your son being up in court on ridiculous charges etc.

It was my first time up there. It's a visually magnificent place and I feel completly refreshed after it all. It was also a real eye-opener for sure, to experience whats going on up there first-hand. To think that a lot of the natural environment up there will be damaged significantly is really disheartening.
Anyway, just thought I'd write a little note on it before I forget it all.

Maybe Froog and Nailer should go for a visit up there too. ;)

Amnesty wants you to join a chat TODAY with Shell over human rights violation in Niger Delta

Amnesty recently released a report (PDF) focusing on Shell's human rights violations in the Niger Delta In response, a few hundred of our activists used Twitter to send a message to @shelldotcom, asking them to schedule a 'Shell Dialogues' (their online chats around particular issues) about Nigeria. They responded fairly quickly, and scheduled the chat for 2pm UK (9AM Eastern, 6AM Pacific) today (Thursday). We are asking people to simultaneously join in with Shell's heavily moderated 'chat' on shelldialogues.com and our chat. We're gathering people's questions to hold Shell to account on the issues highlighted.

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/07/23/amnesty-wants-you-to.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/hampshire/8173723.stm

"The Danish company has blamed the closure decision on a lack of demand for wind turbines in the UK market, despite the firm's profits rising." :rolleyes:

"This is a vindictive and aggressive move by a company that has been quite happy to accept millions of pounds in government grants and then dumped on its 625 staff when it suits them." .|..|

"He also claims the men spoke with foreign accents and steamed out to the open sea after his boat was damaged."

Steam+boat+Pewsey+web.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back