Serreyeasiss (1 Viewer)

Me from neck to knees now:
guttate.jpg

I had this. the methotrexate cleared it right up

I have a friend who gets phototherapy, it works and she has a year round tan

So I can get the phototherapy for free, but the waiting list is six months to a year (and the chances of me wanting to walk around looking like the above picture for that long are slim to none) or I can get it privately, which is €25 per session and you get three sessions a week for a few months. Private all the way, says I.

Before that though I have to cover myself in petroleum jelly four times a day until January :( my man friend is much more into this idea than I am, strangely enough.

So I can get the phototherapy for free, but the waiting list is six months to a year (and the chances of me wanting to walk around looking like the above picture for that long are slim to none) or I can get it privately, which is €25 per session and you get three sessions a week for a few months. Private all the way, says I.

Before that though I have to cover myself in petroleum jelly four times a day until January :( my man friend is much more into this idea than I am, strangely enough.

Six months to a year of a waiting list is pretty farsical as most severe outbreaks will clear within that length of time.

I hope it works for you though.

I've decided to go the drastic diet change route, but, being a realist I know there is no point in starting that until January. I'm also trying out the stuff deafmute recommended. It definitely reduces the itching and redness.

Yeah the consultant said "It'll either go away of its own accord within eight weeks, or it'll never go away". They can't treat it with anything till I've done the petroleum jelly thing for a while either way.

The nurse said though that the kind I have (guttate psoriasis) is the best kind, and if she was going to have psoriasis she'd want to have it.
Which wasn't actually very comforting at all, but how and ever. Off to my work Christmas party tonight looking like a plague victim I am.

Yeah the consultant said "It'll either go away of its own accord within eight weeks, or it'll never go away". They can't treat it with anything till I've done the petroleum jelly thing for a while either way.

The nurse said though that the kind I have (guttate psoriasis) is the best kind, and if she was going to have psoriasis she'd want to have it.
Which wasn't actually very comforting at all, but how and ever. Off to my work Christmas party tonight looking like a plague victim I am.

Ok, so more questions for you.

Are you going for PUVA treatment? Or just light? What is the petroleum jelly for? Where are you going for the treatment. How is it going so far?

I've just obtained a referral to a consultant, my GP thinks I should probably be getting PUVA.

If i do go for it I'll be going for the PUVA, I'm not sure if I'll go for anything though because it seems to be easing off slightly of it's own accord. I've cleared it up entirely on some bits of me by using steroid cream. I'm going back to the consultant tomorrow anyway to parade around in my underwear so we'll see what he says then.

If I do get it I'll probably go private and get in in the Bon Secours in Galway, it's €75 a week for six to twelve weeks I think.

Actually it was paraffin gel, which looks exactly the same as petroleum jelly to me, but is a bit easier to apply apparently. That and silcock's base four times a day were supposed to calm my skin down a bit and get it ready for proper treatment.

If i do go for it I'll be going for the PUVA, I'm not sure if I'll go for anything though because it seems to be easing off slightly of it's own accord. I've cleared it up entirely on some bits of me by using steroid cream. I'm going back to the consultant tomorrow anyway to parade around in my underwear so we'll see what he says then.

If I do get it I'll probably go private and get in in the Bon Secours in Galway, it's €75 a week for six to twelve weeks I think.

Actually it was paraffin gel, which looks exactly the same as petroleum jelly to me, but is a bit easier to apply apparently. That and silcock's base four times a day were supposed to calm my skin down a bit and get it ready for proper treatment.

Cool! Thank you for that. Glad to hear that you're on the mend.

My brother went for light treatment on his legs, it cleared it up a bit (and gave him a great tan on, well, one leg ;) ) but then came back when it was finished. I must get the name for ye of the cream he's using on his body at the moment, it's not a steroid one and it seems to agree with him.

:) That's the great thing about having a widespread outbreak. I can expect a nice all-over tan, with nice pale patches where the psoriasis used to be. :D

Doc put me on the drugs repayment scheme for this a while back! Three different types of medication to be used twice a day for a few weeks, worked a treat for the most part. I still have a wee bit on my knee that threatens to come back if left alone for a week. I can't actually see the medication so i don't know what they were (such a fucking bloke). Doc said that there's nothing you can do about it and there's no cure! Horray.

Doc put me on the drugs repayment scheme for this a while back! Three different types of medication to be used twice a day for a few weeks, worked a treat for the most part. I still have a wee bit on my knee that threatens to come back if left alone for a week. I can't actually see the medication so i don't know what they were (such a fucking bloke). Doc said that there's nothing you can do about it and there's no cure! Horray.

You were probably prescribed some form of topical steroid, not for me thanks. They're ok if you have one or two small patches but if it's a widespread outbreak, which mine invariably are, you can't use it safely as the level of steriod absorbed would be beyond safe limits (if there is a safe limit).

Non-steroidal topical medications like Dovonex aren't an option for me either - patiently dabbing it on every plaque, while carefully avoiding unaffected skin, would be a full time job.

He's right about the no cure though, at best you can control it. In the last 20 years the longest period of time I've gone completely psoriasis free is a year :rolleyes:

I think I was lucky getting it first as a kid though. Can't imagine suddenly having it sprung on me in adulthood after years of comparatively perfect skin.

Can't imagine suddenly having it sprung on me in adulthood after years of comparatively perfect skin.

which is what happened me

the last course of methotrexin cleared it all up now it doesn't do a damn thing

is there such a thing as a skin transplant? i bet they have it in Hollywood?
maybe?

which is what happened me

the last course of methotrexin cleared it all up now it doesn't do a damn thing

is there such a thing as a skin transplant? i bet they have it in Hollywood?
maybe?

Oh, that's awful. You have my sympathy.

I've discovered that moisturisers with lots of ginger in them do wonders for reducing the redness and the itching.

Has nayone tried these?

Noni Seed Oil

Tahitian Noni Purified Noni Seed Oil can transform dry irritated skin to healthy soft skin. The secret of this amazing natural oil is its unique source, the Noni seed which is rich in linoleic acid. Linoleic acid is an omega 6 essential fatty acid that not only hydrates but also increases the skin's ability for moisture retention protecting it from moisture robbing irritants.
Tahitian Noni Purified Noni Seed Oil soothes and calms distressed and damaged skin by hydrating it and sealing in the moisture. It is easily absorbed by the skin and can be applied topically by itself or under moisturizer whichever best fits your daily routine.
The oil is carefully extracted from the tiny https://www.nonijuiceint.com/ShopOnline1.aspx?c=United Kingdom seed of a Noni fruit through a much researched and specially patented process by Tahitian Noni International. Over 50,000 Noni seeds are used to yield 30 ml or 1 oz of TAHITIAN NONI Seed Oil.
Only a small amount is required to experience its benefits.

MooGoo(great name)
Cows Don't Need Gimmicks. They Want Healthy Udders!

MooGoo was first made when the founder adapted a cream used in dairy farms to help a family member with a skin problem. The dairy version of "udder cream" was designed to heal the cow's udders and keep them in good condition for milking. It was full of skin repair ingredients and no gimmicks. Cows don't care too much about the latest fad in skin care, or even "Organic blends of Horsetail and Bergamot..." They do need healthy skin on their most valuable assets.
Although the original cream used in the dairy farms was legendary for its skin healing properties, it was thick and greasy. MooGoo modified the cream for human use by keeping all the skin healing properties but making it non-greasy.
Friends and neighbours started using the creams. It is amazing just how many people came out of the woodwork that had either very sensitive skin, or some sort of problem for which "nothing works". Since then, many other products have been added for people with sensitive skin and scalps and MooGoo was born.

SOOOOOOO glad I have nothing to contribite to this thread.I'm a quasi authority on all things itchy..but this is outta my realm of pseudo expertise

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back