Serreyeasiss (1 Viewer)

SOOOOOOO glad I have nothing to contribite to this thread.I'm a quasi authority on all things itchy..but this is outta my realm of pseudo expertise

But you just go right ahead and respond anyway?

just bumping this

has anyone found a cure yet??

No miracle cure here. My list of definite triggers/causes is growing though.

Best improvement results for me come from:
Exposure to sunlight
Avoiding stress (HA!)
Relaxation (Yoga and similar)
Eating healthily

I've found nothing that can be taken or applied that sorts it.

I know in my heart I should give up alcohol..it definitely has an adverse effect..itchy as hell today

but life with no booze! not just yet

I've almost cut wheat out of my diet but pizza and pasta are too damn tasty...but I eat way less of it then I used to

I take supplements like milk thistle and Udo's oil but I don't know if they're doing anything...haven't noticed any change after years of taking them

Started sunbeds a few weeks ago and try to go two or three times a week , so far no results. The hospital sunbeds, which work on a different UV band worked very well but it always comes back a few weeks later

Wish it would just go away. I see photos of myself from a few years ago when I was blissfully unaware of what was in store

bah

I have Dr Paganos' book..he advocates a pizza, nightshade (tomatoes, peppers), mushroom and booze free diet. He is a believer in the 'leaky gut' theory...sounds plausible to me

http://www.flakehq.com/archives/0905intv.htm

Couldn't you try to knock the booze on the head for a month? Pizza too.
See how you feel then?
It's 30 days til Easter Sunday.

While I don't know that they're the cure, it's kinda hard to square up that you're in torment but beer and pizza are dealbreakers.

Stress is the major factor in anyone I know with it. And natural sunlight always has a beneficial effect.
Sorry that I'm not posting anything new here.

Yes, there is definitely a digestive system link.

I had my first outbreak when I was 6 or 7, so been dealing with it for most of my life now... so I count myself lucky when it's mostly concealable and under control. Flared up really badly last April/May as a result of stuff that was going on but I've got it clearing slowly (no alcohol, not much wheat, healthy food and fish oils - I think they do help). Hoping that Summer will help get it off my face again.

I gave up the booze for about 2 months a while back when I was on this ridiculous homeopathic course..I was willing to try anything.
It had no effect. It definitely aggravates it but isn't the cause of it as far as I can work out

A friend of mine who has it bad found that it disappeared completely when he spent a couple of months at the Dead Sea..due the combination of strong sunshine and the salty mud and water

I think I might give yoga a go...and if it works thenceforth I shall be know as 'johnny'

But you just go right ahead and respond anyway?

Well,I often find that by piping up and saying something when a conversation is happening that I become included in the chat and end up having a nice auld chat.

Plus,I did'nt realise you were going to be scrutinising my contribution for validity,let alone commenting on said lack of V thereof.Or else I surely would've thought before I typed on this occasion.

Edit..As mortified as I am,I'm not gonna let this stop me interjecting willy nilly all over the place however.

Looking into a change of diet to see if it'll help

Dr Paganos, previously mentioned, is pretty strict, no wheat, yeast, fungus, alcohol, tomatoes or other nightshades

Dr Foley, who I went to yesterday in Dublin says; no pig or beef, no soup, porridge, alcohol of all description, raw fruit, coffee or use of salt

They're both coming form the acid/alkaline balance in the body, which I'm prepared to go along with

But as a vegetarian what the hell can I eat?

And I NEED booze

Looking into a change of diet to see if it'll help

Dr Paganos, previously mentioned, is pretty strict, no wheat, yeast, fungus, alcohol, tomatoes or other nightshades

Dr Foley, who I went to yesterday in Dublin says; no pig or beef, no soup, porridge, alcohol of all description, raw fruit, coffee or use of salt

They're both coming form the acid/alkaline balance in the body, which I'm prepared to go along with

But as a vegetarian what the hell can I eat?

And I NEED booze

Fish. Fuck it, you have extenuating circumstances and they're the closest thing to a vegtable that moves around. I eat fish. Damn, they're nice. Vegetarian otherwise.

Fish. Fuck it, you have extenuating circumstances and they're the closest thing to a vegtable that moves around. I eat fish. Damn, they're nice. Vegetarian otherwise.

Good advice,I recently went back on the fish and its been great,skin problems almost disappeared and the whole "fish are good for your brain" thing seems to be ringing true.Listen to cryptid.

Actually, I have to go along with the fish, especially oily fish like fresh mackrel and sardines. I've been taking fish oils over the Winter (only change I made since the last big flare up) and it's kept the darned P from worstening and some of it has even cleared. So... I'd say, if you can bear to, go for fish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back