Serreyeasiss (1 Viewer)

There's a nice bit of salmon. How big can it's brain realistically be..? And a lot of that is used to remember to swim back upriver to spawn.

I used to be a proper vegetarian but I found my health, both mental and physical, improved when I moved to pesco-vegetarian. Or pescotarian if you prefer.

I take your point about not wanting to inflict cruelty on animals though. Killing sucks.

salmon.jpg

And in edible form:

img-thing

Have any of you experienced nail psoriasis and if you did how did you treat it?

Used to occasionally get psoriasis under cuticles but in the last few years I've started to get it under some of my fingernails, it was bad last year, then cleared up and the nails grew back normally but now it is bad again. I think lack of sunshine is probably a large part of the problem :(

my scalp is an itchy, tingly, flaky mess. my hair is in shite condition - lank and greasy looking, despite daily washing and keeping it cropped. it's depressing the hell out of me. i've had dermatitis most of my adult life but have usually been able to manage it, currently using some non steroidal gel which is pretty good. this year my scalp's gone to shite though and it's really wrecking my buzz. any recommendations for shampoos or treatment to stop my head buzzing?

Mine has got worse too. I was going to post about it but figured I'd only get the same suggestions..there are only so many treatments

There is a newish thing on the market called Salcura. It hasn't been much use to me but it gets great recommendations

You might want to give these a go too, all natural products

My life now is one of continuous burning itch with occasional bleeding and skin shedding

I make a great houseguest

Interesting, thanks for this. I'ved used Nizoral shampoo before with mixed results, never used T-Gel before but hear good things. might try some of this. My pillow is a depressing sight in the morning.

I'm finally getting mine under control again after a huge stress-related flare up. Now pretty convinced that gluten, or at least wheat free, is the way forward for me - which means no beer (ok) and possibly no whiskey (boo).

my scalp is an itchy, tingly, flaky mess. my hair is in shite condition - lank and greasy looking, despite daily washing and keeping it cropped. it's depressing the hell out of me. i've had dermatitis most of my adult life but have usually been able to manage it, currently using some non steroidal gel which is pretty good. this year my scalp's gone to shite though and it's really wrecking my buzz. any recommendations for shampoos or treatment to stop my head buzzing?

Don't wash your hair every day, it strips the scalp of natural oils, making it dry, which causes the glands to produce more oil which makes your hair greasy and in the meantime the scalp stress and the regular shampooing and wetting is making the psoriasis worse. Gradually cut back, aim for every 3 or 4 days instead, or less frequently if you can. Olive oil, or even better coconut oil, massaged into the scalp about an hour before washing will help soften the flakes and nourish your scalp, then use a pretty mild shampoo - I'm currently trying this one Earth Friendly Baby Calming Lavender Shampoo and Bodywash - 1 x 250ml - Boots and finding it good, and it's not prohibitively expensive like a lot of other stuff I've tried. It also has a very mild smell, so won't leave you smelling like a baby/girl/granny.

Hoping that some sunshine over the weekend will help finish the job, it usually sorts it.

hmm, sometimes i wash it more than once a day, like if i'm going out in the evening and have been working all day. i

My scalp is screaming just reading that. Cutting back on washing will help a lot. I've seen people recommend applying olive oil again after washing as a scalp and hair conditioner (and leaving it in) but I haven't tried that. With small person I'm lucky if I get time to put it in before washing my hair.

Has anyone tried Humira or Cyclosporine? My cousin had good results but the potential side effects; Lymphoma, TB , kidney disease are terrifying.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

you guys should get some of these sweet psoriasis-pattern t-shirts as modelled by leann rimes

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back