Pro-Choice Workshop (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 229
  • Views 20K
  • Watchers 9
Word to most of what you said, oh shit.

Apart from the fact that out of all the people I've known who've had abortions none had any damage to their health. By what do base saying that it always poses a serious risk to women?

serious in the sense that any infection following abortion has a direct line into the bloodstream and can be fatal in a matter of hours. not in the sense that this is statistically likely to happen. though in my one experience, it did.

The baby can't say the same :(
Sorry Janer. I'd be more concerned about the people I love ruining their lives or not.

serious in the sense that any infection following abortion has a direct line into the bloodstream and can be fatal in a matter of hours. not in the sense that this is statistically likely to happen. though in my one experience, it did.
Yeah, that clears it up. One experience.

I am pro abortion simply put because it's murder, the way I think meat is murder.

It's a handy contraception for people who have no responsibility and are lazy and selfish people.
No one makes these people have sex......;)

Even the morning after pill is dubious imo but hey!

That's a serious typo Janer. :)

Not true to say that everyone has a choice in having sex.

What about rape / abuse victims?

Kinda harsh to make them go through with a pregnancy in those circumstances.

X

lol yes it is

as to rape/abuse yes that's a very serious sep issue

Also apology to oh shit maybe on the cards....now def got to go
xxx

what a ridiculous thread, which basically amounts to people thinking they have the right to tell women what to do with their body. If yer so against abortion say after the 24 week period then surely it would make more sense to have abortion in ireland due to the fact (its been proven believe you me) that in alot of the later abortions in england statistically rish women feature highly, surely that is because the expense, time, organisation involved in having to go abroad to have one. If people who are anti the legalisation of abortion because they are all 'concerned' about the foetus maybe they should realise that if it was legal in ireland it might prevent these later abortions but as i realised years ago people who are anti abortion dont give a shit about human life or the quality of life of the woman who is pregnant all they give a shit about is a stupid sense of piety and morality.

the world isnt black and white so why not let people make decisions about abortion for themselves, im just hoping that at some stage the european courts make abortion be a human right and thus pressure ireland to allow it.

janer saying some women use abortion as a form of contraception is fuckin stupid and insensitive, do you actually know how much abortions cost? do you actually think people want to go through with abortions repeatedly? if you do you obviously havent met anyone who has had to go through this painful experience.

jesus also janer if ya think the morning after pill is in your opinion wrong then why dont ya percieve condoms as wrong because it is stopping the 'natural process', oh but wait i know why you dont think that because then as a man it might actually affect you.

ireland not having abortion as a legal right (alongside the lack of gay marriage) are the two main shows of how this country is still stuck in the fuckin dark ages of catholic ireland. fuch the church and fuck the laws they pressure the state to uphold.

ive said it before, ill say it again. that zine about the Jane network is well worth a read.

What's the name of the zine that just deals with the personal stories of people who've had abortions, there was a small introductory paragraph by the person who made it, but they pretty much just let the stories do the work? And there were very different opinions and views from the people who had them but it was such a good zine in that it really brought out the personal lives and subjectivity that is so often lacking in debates around pro-/anti-choice.

It's also good to see another great labour youth meeting where the majority of speakers are anarchists. lol :D

what a ridiculous thread, which basically amounts to people thinking they have the right to tell women what to do with their body.

If yer so against abortion say after the 24 week period then surely it would make more sense to have abortion in ireland due to the fact (its been proven believe you me) that in alot of the later abortions in england statistically rish women feature highly, surely that is because the expense, time, organisation involved in having to go abroad to have one. If people who are anti the legalisation of abortion because they are all 'concerned' about the foetus maybe they should realise that if it was legal in ireland it might prevent these later abortions but as i realised years ago people who are anti abortion dont give a shit about human life or the quality of life of the woman who is pregnant all they give a shit about is a stupid sense of piety and morality.

the world isnt black and white so why not let people make decisions about abortion for themselves, im just hoping that at some stage the european courts make abortion be a human right and thus pressure ireland to allow it.

janer saying some women use abortion as a form of contraception is fuckin stupid and insensitive, do you actually know how much abortions cost? do you actually think people want to go through with abortions repeatedly? if you do you obviously havent met anyone who has had to go through this painful experience.

jesus also janer if ya think the morning after pill is in your opinion wrong then why dont ya percieve condoms as wrong because it is stopping the 'natural process', oh but wait i know why you dont think that because then as a man it might actually affect you.

ireland not having abortion as a legal right (alongside the lack of gay marriage) are the two main shows of how this country is still stuck in the fuckin dark ages of catholic ireland. fuch the church and fuck the laws they pressure the state to uphold.

Nonsense. What is is is people discussing at what point the harm avoided by having an abortion is no longer greater than the harm caused.

I am pro abortion simply put because it's murder, the way I think meat is murder.

It's a handy contraception for people who have no responsibility and are lazy and selfish people.
No one makes these people have sex......;)

Even the morning after pill is dubious imo but hey!
thought you werent entering this thread again. what about those who used contraception, condom burst, took morning agfter pill and still got preggers. ?

people have the right to choose what happens to their own body. especially if theyve taken every caution. even still, as long as its not taken for granted and abused as an easy solution.

clinic in brussels is a popular one too.

as bill hicks said "if people are so pro-life, why the fuck arent they surrounding graveyards diggin up corpses?"

the workshop looks really good.

no matter whether you agree with the provision of the choice of abortion or not i'm sure most people who are reasonable and give a fuck about other people will agree that ignoring the issue is helping no one. the stastics speak for themselves. women in ireland are going abroad for abortions in significant numbers and they have to do so in a highly secretive manner without proper psychological and medical follow-up services on their return. the stastics speak for themselves:

http://www.ifpa.ie/abortion/iabst.html

and those figures are only women who gave irish addresses and are only for the uk so the actual numbers are much higher.

New born babies are stupid. This is a fact. It takes 6 months to a year before a baby's frontal lobe starts developing. This means that until this point, what may seem to be an unbelievably cute little child is in fact a hopeless retard lacking in any qualities one would define is human.

This is why I advocate abortion up to and in some cases including the 5th trimester.

New born babies are stupid. This is a fact. It takes 6 months to a year before a baby's frontal lobe starts developing. This means that until this point, what may seem to be an unbelievably cute little child is in fact a hopeless retard lacking in any qualities one would define is human.

This is why I advocate abortion up to and in some cases including the 5th trimester.

Did you see the thing about chimps being human on tv last week?

Your man reckoned a chimp is more human than a baby.

So that would mean 1 in 3 women wouldn't have to go through the trauma of an abortion if they just... sit it out and cross their fingers?
Not bad odds.

EDIT: Just out of interest... what does pro-choice direct-action entail? DIY abortions or handing out clinic information to random women?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back