Pink Floyd (3 Viewers)

I love the pace and mood of the album. I think its lovely.

Never fully got into More. I like it but not as much as a lot of the others. Maybe having 2 versions of the same song on it (Nile song and the other one, which I preferred) put me off a little bit.

Do you mean you heard it on Works? I first heard it on a BBC sessions bootleg, a full band version (the works version is a bit stripped down as far as i recall), apparently they played it a lot around the time. Dunno what they intended for it. Its pretty deadly, they should have put it on Atom Heart Mother instead of Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Works is a Pink Floyd compilation album released in 1983 by their former American label,Capitol Records, to compete with their then-current album The Final Cut. The main interest for collectors is the track "Embryo", an outtake from Ummagumma that later became a concert staple in a greatly elongated form, which originally only appeared in January 1970 on a scarce various artists compilation album promoting Pink Floyd's UK label Harvest Records entitledPicnic – A Breath of Fresh Air.

well there you have it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_(Pink_Floyd_album)

I love this bit

when you consider some of the nonsense on that album you'd think it would need to be pretty bad not to have made the cut

I suppose it didn't fit in with the live/solo thing they were doing on that album.also the Works version doesn't really sound complete, it's like they didn't know what to do with it yet. The Narrow Way is the only song on that album that's completely shit. Nicks one is unexpectedly good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back