my bloody valentine 2013 (3 Viewers)

Really like it, delighted. One of the most striking things about Loveless was how cold it was, whereas this lumbers out of the traps with big beaming grins all around.

It's a much warmer sound. It sounds like a better album for taking drugs to. One of the best nights of my life involved lying on a bathroom floor on an island off Bali, on magic mushrooms, listening to Loveless on headphones over and over. This would be even better for such a pursuit.

Tried listening to this on youtube last night but had some connection issues. Still kind of afraid to give it a whirl I love Loveless so much.

Listened to the new album a couple of times today. Thinking it's a real grower and some of the songs are a lot more catchy than they may first appear. In a weird way, to me, ot sounds like it could have been made pre-Loveless. It's like a half-way house between Isn't Anything and Loveless in that there's more seperation between the instruments and less of that molten sound from Loveless where it sounds like just one instrument playing absolutely everything. Not explaining that well at all actually haha

He waffled on for ages without actually talking about the album. In the industry we call that "Washingcattlesque". Apparently he has a real editor so he didn't get around to actually being an opinionated little bollox.

He says he didn't "hear the album properly" till he left his hometown. This sensitive-soul-in-an-uncaring-rural-town schtick gets OLD.

I was in sixth year when I got Isn't Anything and therefore still living with my folks.
I just waited a couple of days until they went out for the evening and turned it up full blast.

Was listening yesterday on a shitty Sunday with a slight hangover. Have got some booze and some other things in tonight and it's sounding like pure narcotic-bliss. Which I know is a wanky thing to say. But listen to those guitar parts on the first tune after a few beers and some of whatever you're having yourself. This album is insanely good and I will live inside it all year.

Tried listening to this on youtube last night but had some connection issues. Still kind of afraid to give it a whirl I love Loveless so much.

I love the way Hermie is going the long way around getting this and acting like he's not going to bite the bullet and buy the first My Bloody Valentine album in 22 years.

Just go to an internet cafe and get it over with

Anyway kudos on playing it cool while we're all addicted and frothing at the mouth.

jebus. what i thought was a fairly bland but totally satisfactory album initially has really grown on me with a couple or more listens per day. Can't wait to crank up the LP when it comes.

Hopefully Kevin shields will do a decent interview about it. would be interesting to see how far back exactly some of these tracks come from etc.

Yeah I'd like to hear about that too. I'm still not really feeling it though. I really like the first two tracks and the last two but a lot of the rest of it seems a bit too smooth and polite or something. I'm not expecting the raw abrasiveness of Isn't Anything but even Loveless has an intensity to it that seems a bit lacking in this. I do love Wonder 2 though and I think Nothing Is will be mind blowing live if they do a full on 10 minute repetitive freak out on it. Looking forward to really cranking it though when I get the vinyl and I'm sure it will grow on me more ...

Finally got a couple of solitary hours with the album cranked through headphones and any doubts i had about it evaporated. I love it.

I remember being disappointed when i read the tracklisting of 'Loveless' in Melody Maker a few weeks before it came out. I thought 'if 'Soon' is the last song it must be the best thing on the album'. I was 16 and Shields was a godlike figure. I thought he could eclipse Soon, but it wasn't to be. I still devoured Loveless and it has held its place in my top 5 albums ever since. Loveless is this album's Soon.

It's fucking ace.

The bit about 1:25 on Only Tomorrow where everything goes ".....Ooooooh" upwards......
and again on 3:23.....

Christ, I absolutely love this album and I'm a cynical, weary bastard.

I love the way Hermie is going the long way around getting this and acting like he's not going to bite the bullet and buy the first My Bloody Valentine album in 22 years.

Just go to an internet cafe and get it over with

Anyway kudos on playing it cool while we're all addicted and frothing at the mouth.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back