my bloody valentine 2013 (1 Viewer)

For people who are not familiar with the 24bit 96 k wav format you will not be able to play the album unless you already have a 24bit 96 k convertor or processor. Also this is a 1.5 gigabyte file and therefore also requires high speed broadband in order to download it without problems. Do not proceed with this choice unless you are sure you have the necessary equipment.

ballsy

This is great so far......and a really odd experience.....it's like they got one of those bands of anonymous musicians who make music for ads that you can recognise as being a certain song but they've changed just enough notes to avoid copyright infringement, gave them Loveless and a decade and here's the result. If you know what I mean.
I ain't complaining though.

It's a collection of tracks from the mid-90's that would have been underwhelming if released as a traditional follow-up to Loveless but as a bonus comeback 21 years down the line I'm delighted with it. It's a new My Bloody Valentine album! It's great to see Shields letting go of his hangups and just putting it out there.

The 24/96 hi-res sounds incredible.

Only listened to it once so far and my first impression is the same as Flux. However, the last track is amazing. Will take it out for a proper test drive later

I'm pleasantly surprised. I never really "got" Loveless. I didn't hate it but never saw what a lot of people saw in it. This one seems like a real grower. Only had one listen so far. I like the Asian Dub Foundation séance that is the last track.

Really like it, delighted. One of the most striking things about Loveless was how cold it was, whereas this lumbers out of the traps with big beaming grins all around.

Will be fun reading the endless debate it inspires. My first thought was have the songs been presented in chronoligical order, are the first songs 20 years old and similar whilst the latter songs are brand new.

Heard the last song reallly loud whilst dozing in the couch rocking the nipper to sleep eaerlier, blew my mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back