Lisbon, Lisbono, Liz Bono (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not on the same wav length are we Mattwav.........

i dunno. My last response was just being sarcastic to your sracastic comment that only lead singers come up with good lines....I have heard plenty of shit lines out of many singers. Even every shit singer spews out a good line every so often, like leonard cohen and the whole "if i lay beside you and i feel numb" line....(there is more to it though) he does have a few others but mostly its just bollix.

I have had plenty to drink so i apologise for any shte talk. I do enjoy posting drunk though as ratrionality is usually out the window and i am posting on a few boards as it is so again, sorry if i am pissing you off. I do not mean to.

I think its more punk to go fuck you Politicians who think they know whats good for us but do not even represent 10% of the status quo. To say fuck you to Europe is not Punk though. Not even close. And how i make this conclusion is through comparissons.

Say fuck you to local government cause they are close to home manipulators (generally, until i am taoiseach). But there is no grounds or basis to say fuck you to the European commission when it represents so many countries that have very different ideologies to ireland. I know a couple of old punks (50+) from Germany and they are the typical kind of punks (like you would see in the pavillion,well actually not really) who are very pro Europe for the simple fact that they see positive change on a first hand basis being in the epicentre of Europe and having such a multinational view on things, far more than ireland, our little island out in the sea.

This whole No campaign has been funded by American corporate scum and though many of you dont see it now you will hear it in the aftermath. American and other continents never want Europe to grow stronger, the same way Africa is being supressed......I have been studying this campaign since day one and the ficklest of reasons how been overpowering fact by such a significant number.....its just depressing really, But i am a positivist and have adopted a utilitarianist idea for the next few weeks, whatever way the vote turns out is because that is the way Irealnd works, not because they know what is best and the end might just, justify the means.!ironyyy

who the fuck is this clown

I was all set to toss a coin to help me decide

But then I saw Claire Tully (Ireland's Brainiest Page 3 Girl) on the front page of the Sun with two large X's covering her nipples.

If the treaty is not ratified you can blame the boo-ibs

I think its more punk to go fuck you Politicians who think they know whats good for us but do not even represent 10% of the status quo. To say fuck you to Europe is not Punk though. Not even close. And how i make this conclusion is through comparissons.

Say fuck you to local government cause they are close to home manipulators (generally, until i am taoiseach). But there is no grounds or basis to say fuck you to the European commission when it represents so many countries that have very different ideologies to ireland. I know a couple of old punks (50+) from Germany and they are the typical kind of punks (like you would see in the pavillion,well actually not really) who are very pro Europe for the simple fact that they see positive change on a first hand basis being in the epicentre of Europe and having such a multinational view on things, far more than ireland, our little island out in the sea.

This whole No campaign has been funded by American corporate scum and though many of you dont see it now you will hear it in the aftermath. American and other continents never want Europe to grow stronger, the same way Africa is being supressed......I have been studying this campaign since day one and the ficklest of reasons how been overpowering fact by such a significant number.....its just depressing really, But i am a positivist and have adopted a utilitarianist idea for the next few weeks, whatever way the vote turns out is because that is the way Irealnd works, not because they know what is best and the end might just, justify the means.!ironyyy

thats all great :rolleyes: but what it has to do with what i said in your qoute is beyond me.

also your the "whole no campaign has been funded by american corporate scum"fantasies make me laugh.the no side is/was made up of many different types of people from right to left. maybe you meant libertas that is paid for by an irish cunt has a pro american big bussiness slant.but i doubt if the shinners,youth defence,scolalist party.peoples movement,or many of the other groups calling for a no vote do.

"To say fuck you to Europe is not Punk though. Not even close."

the vote wasn't about saying no to europe.we are part of it already.

"But there is no grounds or basis to say fuck you to the European commission when it represents so many countries that have very different ideologies to ireland"

Tell that to the people of france and holland.maybe they don't seem so represented since their no votes were already ignored!

sure it is done now.can only wait for the results.

edit.just saw citybabys post.i didn't need to bother he said it all.

I've no problem with the thread being here, but having it stickied is just stupid, because the implication then is that the majority of people on Eirecore are voting no and encouraging others to do so too. At least that was the implication before the thread title was changed from "LISBON - VOTE NO".

yeah meant to say earlier that's kind of what I was getting at, I had an issue more with the fact that it seemed like a sort of party line was being imposed on posters here than I did with the actual content. kind of came across like we were all kind of being told what to do. Byrneos - I don't have a problem with punks and politics mixing at all, I just don't like the idea of opinions being forced on anyone, which is what I thought was going on with the thread being stickied, it just seemed like a kind of "you're not punk unless you vote no" tactic.

Punks voting. hilarious.

pompous quotes like this from people who don't usually post on this board: even more hilarious.

. Byrneos - I don't have a problem with punks and politics mixing at all, I just don't like the idea of opinions being forced on anyone, which is what I thought was going on with the thread being stickied, it just seemed like a kind of "you're not punk unless you vote no" tactic.
pompous quotes like this from people who don't usually post on this board: even more hilarious.

ah yeah i know that...
it was your suggestion that next time lucas or whatever his name is wants to rally troops he should go to the politics forum as if it had no place here.
also as i said you had a choice weather to read the thread or not he didn't put it through your post box.blah blah blah

anyway its all gambra's fault for changing the name around.confusing things
i think we are all in agreement that the sticking the thread with the vote no title was a blatant abuse of power and gambra should be de -mod -ed :)

who the fuck is this clown

123730-k.jpg

The No vote has been pretty much confirmed.
Well done to the punks for maintaining the status quo, giving up on their principles and voting.
Here's to the first crusty being voted in to power - any day now.
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN

That'll be me.

We can have the punx picnic in the Dail. And use the Seanad for a communal pissery. And then all back to the strange guy's house (Aras an uachtaran) for a big lovely kip.

Seeing as the role of the Irish president is a largely ceremonial one and holds no real power, I see no problem in accepting the position.

thats all great :rolleyes: but what it has to do with what i said in your qoute is beyond me.

also your the "whole no campaign has been funded by american corporate scum"fantasies make me laugh.the no side is/was made up of many different types of people from right to left. maybe you meant libertas that is paid for by an irish cunt has a pro american big bussiness slant.but i doubt if the shinners,youth defence,scolalist party.peoples movement,or many of the other groups calling for a no vote do.

"To say fuck you to Europe is not Punk though. Not even close."

the vote wasn't about saying no to europe.we are part of it already.

"But there is no grounds or basis to say fuck you to the European commission when it represents so many countries that have very different ideologies to ireland"

Tell that to the people of france and holland.maybe they don't seem so represented since their no votes were already ignored!

sure it is done now.can only wait for the results.

edit.just saw citybabys post.i didn't need to bother he said it all.

Yeah it was a bit of a confusing rant with unclarified points. i did mean libertas though about the funding. And saying no is a fuck you to Europe (in my opinion). Nothing to do with not being apart of Europe. Sorry for any ambiguity.

Any as regards to France and Holland. They said no to 5% of the constitution when it first came on their door. Now they had elected a new government and are complaining about the decisions they make for them?? When elect some1 to represent you when your just going to be giving out all the time. This vote was about Ireland anyway not any other country. Other countries deal with their own issues. Your decision shuld be based on the specifics of the treaty.

Either way i am not anti a "no" vote. I do believe every1 in Europe should of voted ,not just Ireland, so maybe they will do it this time. Too many unknowns and time wasted i feel.

at least we both got a laff.

again i do apologise to byrneos. My reply had nothing to do with what he said. i dunno where it came from to be honest. It was like a muddled up alcoholic infused rant:) I was just getting too excited about the whole voting thing.coudl you blame me, its great craic.

Any as regards to France and Holland. They said no to 5% of the constitution when it first came on their door. Now they had elected a new government and are complaining about the decisions they make for them?? When elect some1 to represent you when your just going to be giving out all the time. This vote was about Ireland anyway not any other country. Other countries deal with their own issues. Your decision shuld be based on the specifics of the treaty.

Either way i am not anti a "no" vote. I do believe every1 in Europe should of voted ,not just Ireland, so maybe they will do it this time. Too many unknowns and time wasted i feel.

fuck sake. i put your other posts down to you been drunk but your still the same in the light of day!

"Yeah it was a bit of a confusing rant with unclarified points" Originally Posted by Mattwav

at least your consistent i guess.
like beamish i guess it must be a cork thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back