Iceland (1 Viewer)

i'm going here tomorrow. anyone got any last minute tips?

Get yr. booze in duty free. There's nothing open in Rejka..Iceland on Easter Weekend. Darn Lutherans.
You're probably better off doing a couple of tours.
I enjoyed checking out the glaciers.

definately going sometime next year! wouldn't be too gone on 23hrs of brightness though.and i don't mind the cold too much.any other opinions on when the best time to go is?

s

been there 3 times (august, october and new years eve weekend), october the daylight hours were much the same as here so from an accimitising point of view that was the easiest. However if it's a party you're after then go for new years eve, the place goes mental and the bars stay open til 7.30am or later (that's when we left for stomach pumping)

if you plan doing lots of excursions, etc then summer is a good time to go seeing as you can squeeze more into the day

been there 3 times (august, october and new years eve weekend), october the daylight hours were much the same as here so from an accimitising point of view that was the easiest. However if it's a party you're after then go for new years eve, the place goes mental and the bars stay open til 7.30am or later (that's when we left for stomach pumping)

if you plan doing lots of excursions, etc then summer is a good time to go seeing as you can squeeze more into the day

Thanks Jim, I like the idea of partying but I couldn't go and not see the place either. I take your point on excursion. Hmmm.

this crowd do some nifty excursions

http://www.adventures.is

we did some white water rafting up in the north of the country with these guys http://www.rafting.is/cottages.php and stayed in the cottages they rent, which had a hot tub in the centre of the cottage circle, wind was whistling around us while we were snug in the tubs, necking down our whisky and beers, total bliss

Thanks Jim, I like the idea of partying but I couldn't go and not see the place either. /QUOTE]

we rented a small car off budget car hire from sat when we arrived at the airport til the following thurs when we arrived back in reyk, can't remember how much it was but it seemed fine at the time, managed to do 1800kms in it all over the north and west fjords.

Once we left reyk itself there'd be practically no-one on the roads so no danger of traffic jams, etc

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29572034@N04/

some pics of my trip .I am not the best photographer and no picture could do justice to the place but have a look anyway.
Anyone going MUSTdo the rafting .It is BRRRRIIIILLLLLLIANT .|..|:):):):)

I've been doing the lotto since I came back in the hope of being able to live there.

The heated pools are great fun too and cheap.

here is a sideways view of a geyser . the smaller one right next to the actual Geyser. Just after I filmed this it bubbled up again and did a huge one. a definite must see is you are going to Iceland.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

how did you get on?

only saw this now, we had the most amazing time ever!

2637925932_9089dfae24.jpg

Saw rainbow in a desert landscape, just up the road from where geysir is,

another highlight was staying in this nice farm in view of Hekla, the still active volcano they had their own hot spring amidst a field of lupins .. stunning.
That hill in the background is Hekla, can't wait to go back!

2628388216_1f4fe3be18.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back