Iceland (2 Viewers)

talkingllama

Has anyone been? Would you be able to recommend a good travel guide book? I normally get the Lonely Planet books but this one is after getting slated badly on amazon so i'm a little reluctant to buy it...

thanks in advance.
Lama.

yeah, I started a thread about it before, being actutely interested in going for a while. never got it together. a few people have been there alright.. so I'm sure they'll post some info in due course! all I know really is that it's pretty expensive to get travel. a good friend of mine was there; it got two thumbs up from him!

It can be dear but it doesn't have to be - we got flights last week for 215 euro each, with BA from Gatwick. So that's not too bad really.

plug- thanks, will do a search for your thread.

I've already been forewarned about it being expensive so am preparing for the worst. booked flights for €260 from heathrow (which isn't too bad, but still not as cheap as kirstie! :eek: ) so that's sorted anyway. looking forward to it already.... we're going pony trekking - Icelandic ponies have an extra speed between trot and canter....:)

Current cheapest flights are with BA from Gatwick.
Stay somewhere with self catering and stock up on duty free!
Eating out is prohibitively pricey.

bananas are a euro each from what i can remember. pints were 7.50 each, at least in cirkus, that were folk kinda go out. I went round the whole country and I'm tellin ya, it aint cheap. 100 euros a day should do ya. never really ate out much, there is a cheap chipper in reykjavik though, so you will be eatin a lot of chips there cos to go to a restaurant, no, forget it. It is well worth it though, especially the geothermal lake in the north you can get in an swim in and its nice and toasty. the glaciers are fuckin coolest shit ive ever seen too.

Living in rip-off Dublin, I didn't find Iceland *that* expensive. Even eating out is not so bad, if you stick with fish. Vegemot is great restaurant, in the vicinity of Cirkus and Kaffeebarrin.

Are those apartments as nice as they look on the website?
i didn't visit but they're in a great location, right in the middle of town.

i'm sure stan / kirstie / rampz can fill you in on the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back