Iceland (2 Viewers)

iceland_photos.jpg

i think that Church in the fourth picture down is Where J & G got married!

really? were they married in Vik? I was saying that
they got married in a place like that (judging from
the photos i saw!) on the coast...figured the place
is full of those churches.

we went in for an auld gander and all - nice organ!

really? were they married in Vik? I was saying that
they got married in a place like that (judging from
the photos i saw!) on the coast...figured the place
is full of those churches.

we went in for an auld gander and all - nice organ!
I dunno, they were married in a church just like that, on a hill by the coast. It was about a 15 minute drive from town.

As you say there could be loads of churches like that, it looks exactly the same though.

Moneywise, go in April. cheaper, buut some roads still closed. 60 a night

If youre loaded go in July. roads will be open and you'll be payin a hundred a night for lodgings

this isn't necessarily true. I went in June, payed €25 a night in the Youth Hostel in Reykjavik and then in pOrsmork south midlands glacial valley we only payed €32 for a huge wooden cabin, under a glacial valley and with its own geothermal lake in the garden.

If yr lookin for the 23 hours brightness and relatively good weather and those prices June is definitely good time to go.
My favourite place ever, and i've been around

That looks amazing.
I am already completely in love with Scandinavia, and I haven't even been to Iceland yet. And Iceland looks even cooler than the other ones... which are pretty nice.

I'd love to live there for a while.

this isn't necessarily true. I went in June, payed €25 a night in the Youth Hostel in Reykjavik and then in pOrsmork south midlands glacial valley we only payed €32 for a huge wooden cabin, under a glacial valley and with its own geothermal lake in the garden.

If yr lookin for the 23 hours brightness and relatively good weather and those prices June is definitely good time to go.
My favourite place ever, and i've been around

yeah, sorry I wasnt counting youth hostels, i don't stay in them

sounds deadly!!!... so anyone got good reads to recommend? Also you reckon a car is a must to see as much as poss while there?

dunno if the car was just a personal thing or a necessity.
t'lady had done some travelling around in tour busses for
a bit, said they were pretty expensive. i'd say it's good
for a cycling holiday. there's just a big ring road around
the entire country.

cheers GM... cycling might be cool! will definitely look into that. might try and drag some people with driving skills along for the spin. expensive and bus doesn't sound hugely attractive.

Have booked this am heading in June booked Icelandair through Glasgow airport 200 sterling return from glasgow. (the initial dates we checked went up by 200 sterling within 10 minutes...wonder have they got a tracker on the site that ups the price if certain dates are checked out more than once?)

oh so any amazing sites and suggested reading matter and more names of cool places very much appreciated! Been looking at pics of the crazy water falls and blue lagoon and cannot wait!

definately going sometime next year! wouldn't be too gone on 23hrs of brightness though.and i don't mind the cold too much.any other opinions on when the best time to go is?

also, would i be cheap/nice to get the ferry over from scotland? i hear they do that and it would mean i could bring the car...

cheers

I went there this weekend two years ago, unfortunately lots of things were closed it being easter. My biggest tip would be to avoid going on any whale watching trips after a night out, try make it to 12 tonar it was closed when I was there but everyone I talked to said it was the best record store around, oh and go to the flea market by the docks and have the hotdogs from the stall outside (think its called pinks or summit).Watch 101 Reykjavik before you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back