gig discussion, please read and give opinion (1 Viewer)

if anyone cares, Porco Dio is already getting shit from the lwr deck management for (a) cans left in the toilets and (b) too many people hanging around outside during/after the gig last thursday.

damien said:
if anyone cares, Porco Dio is already getting shit from the lwr deck management for (a) cans left in the toilets and (b) too many people hanging around outside during/after the gig last thursday.
shit buzz about the cans. i'm surprised that people hanging around outside is an issue though - surely with the smoking ban they'd be used to that sort of thing? what was the issue there? anyway i hope it's resolved so's ye can keep up the good work etc.

I tried to book a gig in the lower deck today and the manager flipped the lid at me over the last gig I had booked there for someone else. they had valid reason to but I think they are just getting sick of everyone taking advantage of it being too sound a venue.
bit shit really..

Might fall on deaf ears but I was thinking how about people print up sheets with the main facts about gigs discussed in this thread and give them to people at gigs so that they are aware that their actions have consequences? Not everyone reads eirecore so they wont see this

Hott Indie Boy said:
shit buzz about the cans. i'm surprised that people hanging around outside is an issue though - surely with the smoking ban they'd be used to that sort of thing? what was the issue there? anyway i hope it's resolved so's ye can keep up the good work etc.
when they go to renew their licence any hassle reported to the cops (say, by neighbours...) can be an issue.

also they probably don't want to be accused of this:
It is illegal for a licence holder to sell alcohol in a closed container (i.e., can or bottle) for consumption off the premises in a place 100 metres from the premises.
(http://oasis.gov.ie/health/alcohol_and_drug_treatment_services/alcohol_and_the_law.html)

i definitly don't want to set up the lower deck as some kind of benevolent oasis, they have done some shitty things in the past and at the end of the day its them who are making a profit off our hard work, not us. still the next unfortunate person who is caught leaving cans around the place or acting the maggot is going to be in for some shock.

damien said:
i definitly don't want to set up the lower deck as some kind of benevolent oasis, they have done some shitty things in the past and at the end of the day its them who are making a profit off our hard work, not us. still the next unfortunate person who is caught leaving cans around the place or acting the maggot is going to be in for some shock.[/quot

everyones seen your willy allready!!

quot indeed.

just been thinking today that with the better weather ahead it's going to be more difficult to get people into gigs early and stop them from hanging around outside. i don't even want to have to "make" people do anything.
maybe an explanatory leaflet is the best idea.

can you guys not just get the bands to say stop acting the dick and wreckin the place once or twice during their set. seems to work up here. ish.

forgot about what it must be like in belfast. maybe we should send liam lower deck up to the pavillion or front page for a night to see how easy he has it. last time i was at a gig in belfast someone threw a bottle at my head as i was walking away from the venue.

Porco Dio said:
last time i was at a gig in belfast someone threw a bottle at my head as i was walking away from the venue.

Its a cultural thing

Theyre always throwing stuff at things up there

Maybe someone was flirting with you?

belfast is easy compared to dublin. ive seen more fights at dublin gigs. well, madder fights anyway. p.s. ya prob deserved the bottle.

barndog said:
can you guys not just get the bands to say stop acting the dick and wreckin the place once or twice during their set. seems to work up here. ish.
Yeah but the middle class types that play at these gigs (de nov and the like) don't have the scary accent to make such threats genuinely threatening.

I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

all the bands from down there now seem to be sludgey sludge. no fast hc bands. there is a suggestion for gigs, get more fast hc bands, then people prob wont wreck the place, tbh if i payed money into a gig and there were sludge bands playing all night i would not be happy and may feel it necessary to take my anger out on the facilities as its unlikely that anyone will be dancing or anything else even mildly exciting that i could join in to take my mind off the fact that i had just paid 4 quid for the musical equivalent of colonic irrigation . hc aggression and "i wish id kept my money and bought another bottle of bucky and sat in a park syndrome" gets taken out with mosh pits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back