gig discussion, please read and give opinion (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
knifed are done,no signs of any reunions,although I would like to play hardcore again.

you should start a hardcore band with dave lacey
you're both about 150 years old and you both live in dublin

Friends Re-United brought to you by smogarty

tommytrousers said:
you should start a hardcore band with dave lacey
you're both about 150 years old and you both live in dublin

Costanza. Had one practice. was pretty rockin... for 3 oul lads.

I'm still interested in doing it Tommy.

May aswell give my opinion:

I like the idea of mixed genre gigs. More interaction gigwise between the Eirecore crowd and the Thumped crowd would be good too.

Gigs should start at the advertised time. I reckon nine is a good time to start.

A dj of some sort between bands would also be cool. Even a premade mix cd to keep the atmosphere alive.

I like the idea of a donation box. I know when I'm around Dublin it usually means I'm working so I can afford more than a fiver to see three or four bands. I reckon local band gigs should be six euro. Then touring/international bands anything up to a tenner. Obviously this is up to the promoter and the band themselves.

A job for the people who can't afford to pay full price could be to sort out the messers outside the venue.

Can't wait to get back for a summer of lots of rockin live music.

PS I reckon Gary and Tommy should get their hardcore band sorted.

No I'm not talking about a need for a little comic relief at all, what I mean is irrespective of what kind of music a band plays, they still give off the impression that they don't want to be there in the first place, or on the other side of that; they are trying so hard to impress that they come off as pompous and boring... Ok, there are a few (Irish) bands that I think are fucking amazing and passionate and it really shows when they play but blah blah blah blah...

I don't know what people are talking about with this hordes of crusties with bags full of cans trying to get into gigs for free, what the fuck are ye on about? Where are they?

eoin said:
I don't know what people are talking about with this hordes of crusties with bags full of cans trying to get into gigs for free, what the fuck are ye on about? Where are they?

People's imaginations? I think you need more than 15 for a horde.(?) Not sure, I'll have to look this up. How many in a marauding gang? Or a drunken mob? What about a lugubrious legion? Or a boisterous bevy/bunch/band/batch? Or an aggravated aggregation?

eoin said:
No I'm not talking about a need for a little comic relief at all, what I mean is irrespective of what kind of music a band plays, they still give off the impression that they don't want to be there in the first place, or on the other side of that; they are trying so hard to impress that they come off as pompous and boring... Ok, there are a few (Irish) bands that I think are fucking amazing and passionate and it really shows when they play but blah blah blah blah...

I'm gonna make a point of trying to be more entertaining on stage/have more fun when we start gigging again, this should be easier with a drummer who can react to mistakes we make rather than an inaminate drum machine that just doesn't care.

Are you looking for a session?

did anyone mention tapes/cdrs of bands that will be playing gigs here?

i remember getting tapes from pete brady years ago...heard abhinanda on one and a car of us went down from limerick for the cork gig. i also remember leo doing up a mix cdr of bands he was putting on which worked out rather well when tragedy played to a packed out freds on a monday night.

or would tapes / cdrs being useless now with the whole mp3/myspace thing?

I only did that cdr thing once alright. I made 25 copies and passed them out to people that I thought might be up for the gig but wouldnt be familiar with the bands playing. It worked and I assumed anyone I gave em to felt a bit more value from it than just a flyer if they got a chance to hear the bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back