Fargo (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 220
  • Views 18K
  • Watchers 4
I do. I feel they brought something original to the idea and made the characters feel more rounded than their literary/cinematic counterparts. Plus it has awesome and accurate psychology/neuroscience which deeply pleases me. Lector became a cartoon version of himself in the later films and the TV show (at least in season one) completely turns him back around into something actually frightening and unsettling.

Third episode keeping the momentum going. I thought the flirting between Allison Tolman and Tom Hanks was rather sweet. Or did I misread that and was she just taking pity on him? Billy Bob's malevolent schemes are brilliant and Glenn Howerton plays a great dumbass. Still on the fence about Freeman.

OH, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE THIRD EPISODE ARE WE?
Sheesh.
So, there's flirting AND Tom Hanks? Fuck this. Ruined.

Third episode keeping the momentum going. I thought the flirting between Allison Tolman and Tom Hanks was rather sweet. Or did I misread that and was she just taking pity on him? Billy Bob's malevolent schemes are brilliant and Glenn Howerton plays a great dumbass. Still on the fence about Freeman.

It seemed to me like she realised that she had to get the daughter onside. She came back from the vending machine and the cop knew she was getting nowhere, or couldn't call Tom Hanks a fucking spa for letting the guy go.
Also, if she's going to pursue Lester, she might best do it off site.

An aside, are they borrowing more liberally from the Coen universe?
Howerton's character is quite like Pitt's from Burn After Reading and Oliver Platt's maybe a bit like the magnate from Raising Arizona?
Second one is probably a stretch there.

It seemed to me like she realised that she had to get the daughter onside. She came back from the vending machine and the cop knew she was getting nowhere, or couldn't call Tom Hanks a fucking spa for letting the guy go.

An aside, are they borrowing more liberally from the Coen universe?
Howerton's character is quite like Pitt's from Burn After Reading and Oliver Platt's maybe a bit like the magnate from Raising Arizona?
Second one is probably a stretch there.
The scene in the restaurant with the cop and her friend reminded me if the scene with Marge and Mike Yanagita from the movie

To me, it seemed the cop understood that Colin Hanks was probably protecting his daughter, which is why he let Billy Bob go. She knows she didn't get the full story but by getting to 'know them' he might feel more comfortable to confide in her, she might get it. I think the vending machine was to get the daughter out of the room because she knew it probably involved her. I also felt there was a bit of allure to Colin for her, single dad protecting his child, even if it was by protecting himself. It wasn't a selfish act. I could see a romance happening there.

To me, it seemed the cop understood that Colin Hanks was probably protecting his daughter, which is why he let Billy Bob go. She knows she didn't get the full story but by getting to 'know them' he might feel more comfortable to confide in her, she might get it. I think the vending machine was to get the daughter out of the room because she knew it probably involved her. I also felt there was a bit of allure to Colin for her, single dad protecting his child, even if it was by protecting himself. It wasn't a selfish act. I could see a romance happening there.
My view is that she thought he was a wimp and a crap cop but basically a good person and a good dad. She felt sorry for him but they’re both a bit lonely so what the hell, let’s grab a burger and see where it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back