explosions (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
HOW amazing was that gig!!!!!!

shame about all the fucking chat going on near where i was but what cdan you do.

i think i must have held my breath for the whole thing - mesmerised i was.

i also think i need to go over to the i have a horn for thread now.

::clef::::clef::::clef::::clef::::clef::::clef::::clef::::clef::.|..|

each to their own.
i thought it was deadly. still not sure what i think of tripod as a venue - but im thinking crap.

predictable or not, twas excellent :)

-but also, regarding the predictable stuff - surely that's kind of obvious if you have listened to them before? im always surprised by that kind of reaction (i know you didnt go to the gig) but after a gig when people go on about it not being what they thought it would be...

thought it was good myself....alot of their stuff sounds so similar you loose
track of what they played and didn't play. can get very monotonous at times, then
other moments of sheer magic.

love tripod as a venue, sound is always good and like the lay out of it.

I thought it was great. "The only moment we were alone" at the end was epic. They totally redeemed themselves for me after being so underwhelmed by them the last time I saw them, which I now suspect has more to do with my having had 6 hours sleep in 2 days.

Eluvium>>>>>>Explosions

New explosions stuff bores me, i don't think they've progressed at all since Those Who Tell the Truth

eluvium just relied on extreme volume , one of two good tracks, but when someone is using nearly all samples, cant see how thats better than explosions, too many folk talking all the way through the gig for my liking, tripod was great with excellent sound. explosions have run their course, dont think much of their new cd, crowd reactions seemed to be similar with stuff off their pervious cd gettting the best reactions

Eluvium was quality. I'm a massive fan so was chuffed, just a shame he didn't throw in a few more short piano tunes or the likes. EITS sounded great technically but they left me cold so I didn't hang around for the whole thing. I just think they lack balls or soul (or both) compared to the likes of Godspeed, Mogwai, TRM. Too polite and polished for my tastes.

hmmm i just got a call saying it was terrible.
oh well.
i cant even listen to them anymore. quietLOUDquietLOUDdrum roll.predictable.

yeah theyre just rehashing stuff if you ask me. they were great the 2 times i saw them in limerick years ago. didnt think they'd go on to play a big venue in dublin mind.

I didn't get to see them this time (sold out, shame). I did go and see them 2/3 years ago playing support to Four Tet in London. It was brilliant, pushed my way to the front of the stage with my hulking friend Conor (all 6 foot 6 of him) and we were standing about 2 feet from one of the guitarists. As they played the first note of the first song we looked at each other and said "First Breath - savage". The guitarist looked at us worriedly and stood about 4 feet back from us.

eluvium just relied on extreme volume , one of two good tracks, but when someone is using nearly all samples, cant see how thats better than explosions, too many folk talking all the way through the gig for my liking, tripod was great with excellent sound. explosions have run their course, dont think much of their new cd, crowd reactions seemed to be similar with stuff off their pervious cd gettting the best reactions

To say eluvium relied on 'extreme volume' is a ridiculous statement especially considering the amounts of ignorant fucks that could be clearly heard talking all the way through his set. You must have been at a different gig if you think he was using nearly all samples, a couple of the tracks were him just on piano and the other songs were dominated by guitar with some backround samples.

Hopefully he'll come back soon to do a smaller gig

I thought explosions were quality, really enjoyed it. Missed the support act though. It's good having decent gigs on a sat night too instead of always been on a school night.

To say eluvium relied on 'extreme volume' is a ridiculous statement especially considering the amounts of ignorant fucks that could be clearly heard talking all the way through his set. You must have been at a different gig if you think he was using nearly all samples, a couple of the tracks were him just on piano and the other songs were dominated by guitar with some backround samples.

Hopefully he'll come back soon to do a smaller gig

i agree completely. the fucking chat all through his set and through explosions was making my blood boil!

i think a smaller eluvium gig would be waaaaaaaaaay more enjoyable - there was nothing wrong with his set per se - just too vast a venue and not intimate enough.

yeah i lost patience with a couple of heads that wouldnt stop yappin behind me for the first half of the gig, a poilte shut the fuck up did the job but shouldnt have to come to that, chattin loud durin every fuckin song up to that point was just takin the piss.

Quality Explosions anyway,
the tracks from Earth Is... that they opened and closed with rocked .|..|

eluvium was boring. not my bag.

explosions were good, but not near as good as in the hub the last time.
drums weren't loud enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back