Dole question (1 Viewer)

Basically because there's no point living in Dublin if you're going to work in the back of an industrial estate in Coolock.

Can someone explain this to me again please?

What's the story if you're temping (or doing some other sort of fairly casual work)? Can you claim dole on your weeks off? Is it essential to do so for the reasons that Goff mentioned? How does one go about sorting this out?
you're better off doing the odd casual work and signing cos you'll be stopping and starting all the time, wait till you've got a regular thing before coming off cos there is also a HUGE backlog, used to take about two weeks for everything to get tru but not now, guy i know is waiting 14 weeks for his first cheque, he'll get everything backdated but still really sux. could just be his area but he's not fron the ghetto or anything.
so it really doesnt make sense to start and stop.

Aye, but as I understand it you go into them and say "Hey I did two days work last week" and then they take two fifths of your dole off you for that week.

What I want to know is how all that works exactly. When I go into the dole office to sign on for the first time, what do I tell them exactly?

Aye, but as I understand it you go into them and say "Hey I did two days work last week" and then they take two fifths of your dole off you for that week.

What I want to know is how all that works exactly. When I go into the dole office to sign on for the first time, what do I tell them exactly?
thats more a means tested thing then, you'll have to show them proof. fill in a form on casual documents saying when and where you worked and how much you were paid, you'll still get paid once you're under the pay treshold, think its about 270 a week so once you get less then that for 2 days you'll get the dole for the rest.

theres usually a citizen advice place near the dole office (well there is in blanch and some others i think) so if you can try talk to these before you so into the dole office cos that way you'll have a clear idea of your intitlements, and im sure it was an accident but two people i know were told they werent able to claim or were getting a reduced rate when this shouldnt have happened. they didnt know otherwise so let they it go.

Dole offices vary. Some will ask you how much you earned on the days you declare some wont and will just dock the days you claim.

went to the dole office today, completely painless, only two people queuing, officer was dead sound, told him i accepted a job in september and all. just need one more thing tommorow, and wait for my free money.

Thumbs-Up.jpg

How soon do you need to get all your forms back by after you apply? I'm not looking for a free holiday but had previous plans to go away for a week+ the day after i finish my job. If i apply do i get ten days or something to drop back p45 etc?, can't remember.

Dole offices vary. Some will ask you how much you earned on the days you declare some wont and will just dock the days you claim.

i was doing this for a while a year or so ago, they didnt seem to give a shite how much i earned so long as i didnt work more than 3 or 4 days (i forget exactly) in the week. after a while you may notice that the person signing your work slips for you at work doesnt bother to check the days you marked down. this allows for scummers to write down that that worked less than they did, or to mark in that they worked the sunday coz they dont count sundays in the dole office.

How soon do you need to get all your forms back by after you apply? I'm not looking for a free holiday but had previous plans to go away for a week+ the day after i finish my job. If i apply do i get ten days or something to drop back p45 etc?, can't remember.
jaysiz. bag o'cans. long time no post. is this what you mean: quit job/sign on/go gallivanting for a week/hand in required shit? I really wouldn't have thought there was a time limit between starting a new claim and getting all of the relevant info back. they just process your claim when you bring in everything that they need and backdate your accumulated benefit from the first day you came in to sign on. maybe there is a point when a claim becomes invalid, but I'd imagine the timeframe would be a lot longer than a couple of weeks. sometimes things like getting a p45 from an employer can be really annoying and take ages so they probably have to account for that kind of shit.

actually:

http://www.welfare.ie/foi/jb_jobseekben.html#part2

doesn't say anything about it anyway..

is this what you mean: quit job/sign on/go gallivanting for a week/hand in required shit?..
Bingo.
your p45 observation makes sense and has somewhat set me at ease. True, i've not set foot on these shores for many a year, i knew where to come for some crafty advice though.

I'll have to get on the scratcher soon and all. Tell me, what happens your free money if you have savings above €20k and your rent is €650?

They'll be looking for a statement.

So, tell them you don't have a bank account. Not sure if they can check it these days, via Revenue (It's all part of Reach, so they probably can), but in the old days they couldn't.

And credit unions too.

If you have one, you have to tell them.

And remember, if you've been working, savings don't count if you qualify for Benefit (as opposed to Assistance - or Jobseekers as they call it nowadays).

Bingo.
your p45 observation makes sense and has somewhat set me at ease. True, i've not set foot on these shores for many a year, i knew where to come for some crafty advice though.

there is a time limit alright. when you go in to claim you'll get a piece of paper telling you all the shit you need to bring in. it'll have a date on it that you have to go back in by. if for some reason you can't bring it in in that time i think you still have to go in and tell them your woes. if you ignore the date and go back in when ever then they can cancel your previous claim and make you start a new one from the time of your second visit.

how long's your holiday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back