Does vinyl sound better? (1 Viewer)

I know two guys:

- an old friend from high school, Mike Wade; his dad started buying LPs in the early 1960s, and started buying two of each in the mid 1960s. His warehouse (he had a company called WadeCo that we all called Wacko) had a climate controlled room that had original unplayed copies of every record from the 60s-70s you could imagine. All the Beatles, Stones and the rare shit too.

- a guy in MA, a doctor; he did the same with comic books starting IN THE 1950s. His families house was destroyed by a hurricane in the 90s. The only thing his parents saved were the comics. He went to Harvard med and paid for a year of med school by selling ONE comic.

My Trinity College and Garth Brooks callcards are gonna start being valuable any day now.

m_1060a_20121008_1324042902-1.jpg

The Beatles Catalogue to Get Mono Reissue | Billboard

whatever about the latest cashgrab but it's interesting to see that they're doing away with any and all digitalness.
The Beatles’ mono albums have been newly mastered for vinyl from quarter-inch master tapes at Abbey Road Studios by Grammy-winning engineer Sean Magee and Grammy-winning mastering supervisor Steve Berkowitz. While The Beatles In Mono CD boxed set released in 2009 was created from digital re-masters, for this new vinyl project, Magee and Berkowitz cut the records without using any digital technology. Instead, they employed the same procedures used in the 1960s, guided by the original albums and by detailed transfer notes made by the original cutting engineers.
The Beatles All-Wave

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I know two guys:

- an old friend from high school, Mike Wade; his dad started buying LPs in the early 1960s, and started buying two of each in the mid 1960s. His warehouse (he had a company called WadeCo that we all called Wacko) had a climate controlled room that had original unplayed copies of every record from the 60s-70s you could imagine. All the Beatles, Stones and the rare shit too.

- a guy in MA, a doctor; he did the same with comic books starting IN THE 1950s. His families house was destroyed by a hurricane in the 90s. The only thing his parents saved were the comics. He went to Harvard med and paid for a year of med school by selling ONE comic.

We haven't had a decent hurricane in years.

Reading this in a pub and the eejit next to me just gave me the stink eye for laughing over the old bastards talking about the footie on RTE.

Ha.
The only other person I know that uses 'stink eye' is a Harvard dude I know.
Forever meting it out to people - "I had to give her the old stink eye"

We had a great hurricane in 92 on the Cape. Hurricane Bob.
Everyone lost power, days of grilling the contents of people's freezers.
I reckon we are due a doozy this year.

Ha.
The only other person I know that uses 'stink eye' is a Harvard dude I know.
Forever meting it out to people - "I had to give her the old stink eye"

We had a great hurricane in 92 on the Cape. Hurricane Bob.
Everyone lost power, days of grilling the contents of people's freezers.
I reckon we are due a doozy this year.

You're starting to sound like someone that jumped off their roofs into the snowbanks in '78.

;)

Jack White breaks US vinyl sales record with Lazaretto - Uncut.co.uk

Jack White breaks US vinyl sales record with Lazaretto

Jack White has broken the US first week vinyl sales record with his new album Lazaretto.

The 'Ultra' LP vinyl version of his second solo album has scored the biggest week of total sales since Soundscan began tracking sales data in 1991, reports Consequence of Sound. The vinyl version of the record has sold 40,000 copies since its release last week.

The 180 gram release features two vinyl-only hidden tracks, situated under the labels on the record, with one playing at 78 rpm and one at 45 rpm, making the release a three-speed album. The mix of the album is also different from the digital and CD release and has a different running order. In the dead wax of Side A is a hand-etched hologram of an angel by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science. "This is a really beautiful component to the Ultra LP," previously commented White.

Jack White will play Leeds First Direct Arena on November 17, Glasgow SSE Hydro on November 18 and London O2 Arena on November 19. The shows will follow White's sold-out gig at London's Eventim Apollo on July 5 and his performance later this month at Glastonbury.

Jack White plays:

London Eventim Apollo (July 5)
Leeds First Direct Arena (November 17)
Glasgow SSE Hydro (18)
London O2 Arena (19)

I was thinking 40,000 was not that many,surely the likes of Zeppelin,AC/DC,Guns & Roses,U2 and loads more would have had way way more than that(and probably just in the first day)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back